PA first for bear harvest? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

PA first for bear harvest?

I thought I noticed where the early PA bear season/bow harvest indicated on the PGC website included a York County bear harvest. Would this be the very first York County bear legally harvested in York County since records have been kept?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 01:00 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmguy1 View Post
I thought I noticed where the early PA bear season/bow harvest indicated on the PGC website included a York County bear harvest. Would this be the very first York County bear legally harvested in York County since records have been kept?
I can't speak that its the first ever killed there but definitely not very many. I didn't even see there was one killed there. Id imagine a neighboring township close to another county border.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

I got the info from bear harvest info link on pgc website. It is a neighboring township to adams county. I know one was killed a few years back on the opposite side of route 15...road that seperates york and adams counties. I do know more and more sitings of bears in york county over the past several summers and roadkills...but think this may be a PA bear first. Kind of exciting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

The local paper had story of a 340 lb. bear being harvested in Fairview Twp. in York County on December 6th. This makes at least 2 bears being harvested in York County as far as I know. This is big news to me...but then it doesn't take much to excite me. Lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page