Sunday Bear Hunting - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Sunday Bear Hunting

I wonder if they will have bear season on Sunday for the 12/13 season? For personal reasons I'd rather not. I enjoyed watching football and taking it easy on Sunday before bear and last year I kind of liked the day off in between. But if it's open on Sunday I will be in the woods for sure.

I hope they check with me first before they make any decisions

Anyone else have opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 AM

Re: Sunday Bear Hunting

I liked the bear opener on Saturday but if they get the Sunday Hunting approved and in place for the 12/13, in my opinion it would not include bear or deer.
I think it might be phased in slowly but I doubt bear, deer or turkey will be included from day 1. The emphasis has been on kids and hunter recruitment and I think they would just start out with small game first, followed by water fowl and then archery deer.

Personally I liked the seasons the way they were before, including the seperate doe season, based solely on a traditional basis.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

When it comes to be, I still say archery deer will be one of the first. Small game will get very few people interested in hunting, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that deer is king in Pa. Other than the put and take pheasant program , I see very , very few small game hunters. As far as the youth, if they are not interested in all of special programs that we currently have, another day is not going to help , you either have it in you to be a hunter or you don't. I want it for personal reasons, because I love to hunt and want to be able to do it more. That would be a great choice to have, either hunt, go to church, or stay home and watch the game on Sundays. I don't attend church, or watch sports , so the choice would be an easy one for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Birch, I was kind of thinking that bear (depending on this years harvest) might be one of the first to go Sunday if they needed to extend the season to increase the harvest.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Sage

IMO, this won't be in effect for the 12/13 season, more like 14/15.

"It only takes one person to care in order to get something changed." Bryan S.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 03:33 AM
Banned

There is already a full week to hunt them with a bow, another 4 days to hunt them with a rifle, and some special reg areas where you can hunt them along with deer. What else do you people want. Might as well just have a full month to hunt them and exterminate the whole friggin population. Sproul
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Spring bear would be nice !
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Banned

I saw nine different bear this past spring gobbler counting a mother and three of last years cubs. Wouldn't want a spring bear hunt here in Pa. Too many slobs that wouldn't kill boars only. To each his own I guess. Sproul
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost In The Sproul
There is already a full week to hunt them with a bow, another 4 days to hunt them with a rifle, and some special reg areas where you can hunt them along with deer. What else do you people want. Might as well just have a full month to hunt them and exterminate the whole friggin population. Sproul
Who said they wanted it? We were just trying to discuss whether we thought it would happen. I didn't see anyone say they were for it anyway. Besides if you think one extra day would exterminate them then you really have no idea anyway.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-09-2011, 01:16 PM
Banned

You are right jkh,I know nothing about pa black bear, lets move on. Sproul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page