post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Bear age data?

when does it come out?

take a kid hunting and fishing it will keep them out of trouble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 11:44 AM

Re: Bear age data?

Commish stopped sending successful hunters the personal info of their bear. Have to check the web sight.
My bear from 2 seasons ago was tagged and I was told I was going to get a packet of info and tags back in mail. Year later and MANY emails, got message returned with info. Tags, however, were tossed out. Should never have been removed at weigh-in!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

thanks i knew it was on the web site just wanted to know when it gets posted. i cant remember when they release it. i shot one two years ago too but it was a juvenile and i had nothing to look up but this years was an adult and im curious as to how old. they gave me my tag right at the weigh in this year and my certificate and everything. with the new scanning equipment i thought it ran pretty smooth.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 11:43 PM
Regular Visitor

Hey treestand congratulations on the bear. I too was wondering when you could get the imfo off the net. I sent an email and got the reply it could be as late as september but no later than that. I was lucky enough to get a bear with my bow on the first day of the archery season. After calling the district office to find out where to take it to have checked they told me i would be contacted the next day. I asked if i could take it to a taxidermist to have it taken care of and was told the only thing i could do was skin it. The next day i waited by the phone till 11:00 am before they called. The officer was pleasant about it all and asked me to meet him at a local dcnr office where there would be 5 hunters with bears to check at noon. It was pouring down raining. I was 4th to get my bear checked. They pulled a tooth as quick as they could and then asked me to sit in his truck. He asked me the questions of where when and how and then asked me how much the bear weighed. I guessed 140 lbs. and he said that was good enough for them. I was upset not to know the true weight of the bear. I didn't get any certificate like you now do at rifle season check station. All i got was a ticket looking thing that i was to give to the taxidermist to prove it was checked. The taxidermist weighed the bear for me to be 150 dressed or 177 live weight. The thrill of a life time for me turned very frustrating after. I did email them to get a certificate and got a response that the little ticket thing on the back should say congratulations on your pa bear harvest. Way to put out the extra effort for the sportsman that live in pa.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

congrats to you too that is the exact weight of my bear also. that thing you got from them should have a number on it that is the number you will need when they realease the data.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-02-2011, 07:07 PM
The Man

I believe last year it was posted around September sometime. I'll be waiting anxiously this year, as I got lucky and killed a bear too.

I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 01:02 AM

I got one with a bow on the last day of archery in armstrong. I was just wondering this same question!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page