East Kentucky Bull Elk Tag Raffle. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

East Kentucky Bull Elk Tag Raffle.

Hi everyone, Just wanted to let everyone know that might be interested. Our N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited has been awarded a Bull Elk Tag by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Commission for the 2011 season. Commonly know as a Commissioner's Tag and is good for any zone and any legal weapon.

Our QU Chapter is going to raffle this tag. Tickets are being sold now and all proceeds will be used to further our conservation projects. There are only 200 tickets available and they are $100.00 per ticket. You can email or PM me if interested. Also, go to http://www.qu.org for verification if you would like. More information is there and it is currently the 8th item down on QU's home page.

Good hunting to all, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 QU aka Oletrapper

Life Member:NRA,UTK,FTA,LKS,NWF
Annual Sponsor:QU,DU,NWTF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Re: East Kentucky Bull Elk Tag Raffle.

Looks like there aren't many in Pa. that hunt elk? I forgot to mention the raffle includes a shoulder mount and the normal $365.00 non-resident elk permit fee in Ky. has been waived. Only requirement is the $130.00 non-resident hunting license.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletrapper
Hi everyone, Just wanted to let everyone know that might be interested. Our N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited has been awarded a Bull Elk Tag by the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Commission for the 2011 season. Commonly know as a Commissioner's Tag and is good for any zone and any legal weapon.

Our QU Chapter is going to raffle this tag. Tickets are being sold now and all proceeds will be used to further our conservation projects. There are only 200 tickets available and they are $100.00 per ticket. You can email or PM me if interested. Also, go to http://www.qu.org for verification if you would like. More information is there and it is currently the 8th item down on QU's home page.

Good hunting to all, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 QU aka Oletrapper

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 11:50 PM

man i wish i could spare the $$$ and support your good cause...
but times are tuff! i will be putting in for the regular drawing though. it might cost me more in the long run but i'll have to take my chances
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

I completely understand Huntfish, that is not a problem. Family comes first. I know the tickets are out of reach for some but at least 200 people can participate with the raffle rather than 4 or 5 with an auction. If you would, plese tell your friends about it though. We would appreciate that. It has been very difficult getting the word out. Good luck in the KY Lottery elk draw.

Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntfish2
man i wish i could spare the $$$ and support your good cause...
but times are tuff! i will be putting in for the regular drawing though. it might cost me more in the long run but i'll have to take my chances

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Your right you have a good deal. The first year of your Ky. Elk hunt I bought 5 tickets for RMEF that I've been a member for quite some time, but alittle late now I've got 3 lottery Moose hunts out now plus might do somethin else with a couple buds DIY, but your runnin a nice deal for sure....later
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Thank you for the kind words B&G. We really appreciate HuntingPA for allowing us to tout the raffle. To date it has resulted in 4 ticket sales from PA. Many thanks to those individuals in PA who are helping us achieve our goal and good luck to them in the draw. It all will go back into conservation projects which is why I do this. More seed for food plots, more kids to camp, more equipment purchased to help plant the food plots, etc. Thanks again and good hunting.
Yours in conservation, Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper
Quote:
Originally Posted by b&ghuntre
Your right you have a good deal. The first year of your Ky. Elk hunt I bought 5 tickets for RMEF that I've been a member for quite some time, but alittle late now I've got 3 lottery Moose hunts out now plus might do somethin else with a couple buds DIY, but your runnin a nice deal for sure....later

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Again, Thanks you guys. Just got 2 more from PA. You guys are great. Good luck.
Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

One more from PA. today. WOW! The word is getting out there. Thanks guys. Good luck in the draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oletrapper
Again, Thanks you guys. Just got 2 more from PA. You guys are great. Good luck.
Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

We had a committee meeting last night and it is looking like April 30 for the draw. We have approx. 70 tickets remaining. It is approx. because all of the committee members were not present. Drawing will be sooner if all tickets are sold before the 30th. I will keep you posted. And thanks to all who have helped us make this a big success for conservation.

Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Thank you! Received 1 more from PA yesterday. Keep um coming. There are still tickets available. Good luck to all in the draw.

Robert Smith, N. Ky. Chapter #481 Quail Unlimited, aka Oletrapper

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page