And it worked!!! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pa
Posts: 2,482
Back To Top
And it worked!!!

Got my Garden Tillered up and ready to plant. Bought new black plastic this year. I`m thinking there has to be a better way to cut holes in it for the Plants.Hate crawling around on my Knees trying to cut kinda round holes.Anyhow, I was talking to my oldest Son and He told me just to get out the Post Hole digger, double shovel type, and plant away. Works great1 two strokes and you got your hole in the plastic and the Hole dug. Works for me....
Ron pa is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: westmoreland county
Posts: 1,498
Back To Top
Re: And it worked!!!

If you want something lighter,try the hand held propane torch.I would make a few practice holes to get use to the torch.

What you don't see with your eyes,don't invent with your mouth.
peep site is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Enola
Posts: 1,578
Back To Top
Re: And it worked!!!

Or, get the MEC loader and load some low brass cases with 10-10-10. Hole and fertilized, PRESTO!!!
treemouse is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:35 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Dallas, PA
Posts: 3,673
Back To Top
Re: And it worked!!!

When I used to use black plastic, we just cut an X in the plastic, didn't actually make a hole.

80% of Americans believe in miracles. The other 20% have been audited.
DadHuntsNow is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
The Man
 
Q2XL12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 2D
Posts: 5,666
Back To Top
Re: And it worked!!!

I just cut an "X" into the plastic

2F for a while...
Q2XL12 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Part of the Community
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Juniata Co, PA
Posts: 193
Back To Top
Re: And it worked!!!

+1 for the X

Support Our Troops
knobfarm is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA 2B
Posts: 3,364
Back To Top
Re: And it worked!!!

+2...but I kinda like the idea of using a shot of 10-10-10

Feral Cats are God's version of Ballistic Gelatin. - anonymous from another forum
jayd4wg is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 5B wishing to be in 4B
Posts: 12,369
Back To Top
Re: And it worked!!!

Put Plastic Down...Put Dirt or Rocks on the sides to hold it down in a row you plan to plant...

Walk along, 2 people, 1 with an old broom handle with a point on the end...push the broom handle down thru the black plastic about 3 inchs into the dirt and push side to side...person following puts plants in and just pushs a little dirt around plant

PRESTO..No back breaking Cutting on your hands and knees, and you have a hole that is just right for the plant to grow out of!
Woodywoodduck is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome