I found what looked like small puffballs. They were the right shape and were a little darker tan. I ate one small one about the size of a nickel and ended up in the emergency room. After heaving I felt better but the doctor said it looked like a stroke to him. But I am quite sure it was this mushroom. Never again.
When did this happen? I'm pretty sure I might of had a bad experience many years ago with a mushroom too, but I'm not positive. I could of been something else. I was 19 at the time and in Panama. We ate allot of the local foods even though we were told not to....
In Memory of LCPL Ralph Fabbri 9/29/89-9/28/10
Semper Fi, Brother
could have been a fungus on the mushroom or an something else. Ya just never know for sure. Porchinis grow in my area like wild but they vary so much in color and size and look like so many other mushrooms so I do try picking them