indoor gardening - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

indoor gardening

anyone out there ever try growing year round under lights,i have lettuce growing now that i can probally pick a small salad from i dont have the real grow lites just floresent shop lites but seems as long as i keep lites close enough to plants they do fine they are not getting spiney or leaning.its not the same as outdoors but aint no rabbit gonna mess with me either,thinking of trying other veggies and was wondering if anybody does this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: indoor gardening

I started stuff last year under florescent lights, and a space heater to keep the conditions ideal. keeping the conditions was easy for what i did, but i didnt think the stuff grew like it should have.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

yeah i always started under the lites but this year i am going to try growing year round spices and greens to see what happens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:52 PM

I think thats the concept behind the aerogarden thing or whatever its called. I'd imagine it can be done but I doubt it will be the same quality result as something grown outside during the normal growing season.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

yeah,i realize nothing beats mother nature but i just wanted to see how it would work out,i was making deer sasuage and i needed sage,none to be found in the house or at the first 2 stores i went to and when i finially drove another 5 miles to a larger super-market i paid almost 5 bucks, that got me to thinking i am trying to be as self efficient as i can be so why not have a spice garden in the cellar, i figure it might not be quality grown outside but still has to be better then in a jar from a store probally over a year old.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Well I know my aunt used the aerogarden to grow some herbs in the kitchen and I know it worked. I also know my uncle complained about the high electric bill but don't know if that was the cause or the "amish made elec heater" they also had running haha....I'm sure its worth a try if nothing else. If you have a warm enough room and a shop light you should be good to go...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page