Red Beets - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

Red Beets

Anybody have any good easy redbeet recipes. My wife wants to make some homemade redbeets and eggs for the family reunion and we are looking for some different recipes. Any and all are appreciated. Also when you do the beets when do you put in the hard boiled eggs? When they have been soaking for awhile or when the liquid cools? Thanks.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Re: Red Beets

Quote:
Originally Posted by flocknocker
Anybody have any good easy redbeet recipes. My wife wants to make some homemade redbeets and eggs for the family reunion and we are looking for some different recipes. Any and all are appreciated. Also when you do the beets when do you put in the hard boiled eggs? When they have been soaking for awhile or when the liquid cools? Thanks.......
flocknocker...I'll PM you a Recipe...but as far as when to put the eggs in...

We always put them in the pickling liquid as soon as it comes off the stove and into the container...we then let the liquid and eggs cool before placing in the fridge...
We have found that the pickling juice gets into the eggs a whole lot faster then if done when cool!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodywoodduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by flocknocker
flocknocker...I'll PM you a Recipe...but as far as when to put the eggs in...

We always put them in the pickling liquid as soon as it comes off the stove and into the container...we then let the liquid and eggs cool before placing in the fridge...
We have found that the pickling juice gets into the eggs a whole lot faster then if done when cool!
We do the same. When it's still hot. We always have them in the fridge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys appreciate the info.......
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 05:47 PM

Get the Wife away from those Eggs and try it yourself without those red beets...

I bet if you tinkered around and made some pickled eggs along with cucumbers in that recipe I gave you, you will have many wanting your's over your wife's pickled eggs.....

Hey, your wife does know to shell the eggs before putting in the pickling brine, I hope? I know a guy who's wife made pickled eggs 1 time.. he pulled 1 out of the jar and went to take a bite and it STILL had the shell on it.....she never knew that you shelled the eggs before putting in the pickle brine!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2009, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodywoodduck
Get the Wife away from those Eggs and try it yourself without those red beets...

I bet if you tinkered around and made some pickled eggs along with cucumbers in that recipe I gave you, you will have many wanting your's over your wife's pickled eggs.....

Hey, your wife does know to shell the eggs before putting in the pickling brine, I hope? I know a guy who's wife made pickled eggs 1 time.. he pulled 1 out of the jar and went to take a bite and it STILL had the shell on it.....she never knew that you shelled the eggs before putting in the pickle brine!
LOL, yeah she knows that much anyway.......well I hope...LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page