8Likes
  • 1 Post By Fleroo
  • 1 Post By Born2Hunt
  • 2 Post By Buckethead
  • 4 Post By Fleroo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

Morels 2019

Coming soon to a woodlot near you. In all my decades of hunting them, I only found one in March. I should have written the date, but I'm thinking it was March 23. I have a small, southern facing microclimate set of woods that ALWAYS produce early. It was a strangely warm to hot March, so I took a peak, and Voila ! That was a few years ago.

It's all weather depending, but I don't really start taking vacation to actively hunt Morels until about April 20.
bigguy54 likes this.

2A-Wash. Co.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Hope it is a better year this year in my area. I walked several places last year that produced well over the last couple of decades but it was mostly just a walk.....

I usually start finding them by the numbers around the last week of April and the first week of May. However, as soon as others are reporting good finds I will be out there.

I also need to find a good way to carry them when I am turkey hunting as my vest if full of decoys, gear and a folding seat and hopefully a big gobbler as I walk out of the woods sometimes a couple of miles or so of unfriendly senior terrain.

I need to find some more good areas as some of my banner locations have aged out of being productive.

Good luck.
bigguy54 likes this.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Hunt View Post
Hope it is a better year this year in my area. I walked several places last year that produced well over the last couple of decades but it was mostly just a walk.....

I usually start finding them by the numbers around the last week of April and the first week of May. However, as soon as others are reporting good finds I will be out there.

I also need to find a good way to carry them when I am turkey hunting as my vest if full of decoys, gear and a folding seat and hopefully a big gobbler as I walk out of the woods sometimes a couple of miles or so of unfriendly senior terrain.

I need to find some more good areas as some of my banner locations have aged out of being productive.

Good luck.

I had the same thing around me last year. Most of the trees I found them around didn't have them last year because of the goofy weather. As for carrying them, an onion or orange sack folds up pretty small in your pocket and you can clip or tie it to a belt loop when its full.
setter/spaniel and Born2Hunt like this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

If you come across Morels on a Turkey Hunt, dump all contents from your Turkey Vest on the ground and fill vest with Morel's. Go back for vest content at a later date. LOL

2A-Wash. Co.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page