My daughter called me to ask about these mushrooms....they're coming up everywhere at her house. She has two kids under 2 yrs old and was afraid they might be toxic. I do sheepheads and morels, as they're easy to identify. Anyone here help out on an ID?
It looks like it’s possibly panaeolus cinctulus or panaeolus foenisecii. They are of the same family, the former one is a hallucinogenic mushroom, the latter is harmless but the are tricky to distinguish. They grow in the same habitat(well kept lawns being one). I would recommend telling her to pick and dispose of them.