How's the Garden 2009? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

How's the Garden 2009?

OK guys another year! Let's keep each other updated on the progress of our plants, good or bad!

Got 3/4 of mine in. Frost hit some of my tomato tops and a few beans. I took a chance and planted toooo early. Beans are about 12" tall, planted two more rows Monday. Brocolli is up, peas are flowering, radishes will be ready soon. Put in 36 green pepper plants and 8 yellow wax hot peppers. Cukes are up and the zukes are growing really fast. Still gotta plant corn, more beans and two more variaties of squash.

How's your garden doing?

No Place I'd Rather be, than UP a Tree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: How's the Garden 2009?

I helped my dad put in his garden 2 weeks ago. We put in 6 pepper plants and 3 tomatoes. We also put in the first patch of corn and two hills of zukes. Our strawberry patch is really taking off. We're picking an average of about 4-5lbs per day. I'll be starting some strawberry wine very shortly here.

I close on my house this week and already have a garden planned for the backyard. I should have the ground tilled and ready to plant within 2 weeks. Over the weekend I started some lettuce, cukes, and summer squash in pots. I also got 4 blueberry plants to put along my driveway. When I first started them I didn't think they were going to make it, but in the last week, they've really turned it around. As soon as my garden is ready to go I'll add tomatos, carrots, peas, and some corn. Can't wait to get the new one underway.
post #3 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 04:53 PM

Just finished the second planting of sweetcorn last weekend
with a second planting of radishes & carrots between the rows zuks got bit by frost only one left so ill need to
throw a few more in , peppers , tomatos ,spinich , lettuce,radashes,beets.bush beans,carrots,cantalope,cukes.watermellon & sweet corn all dooin just wonderfull as are the weeds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 05:02 PM

Tomatoes and peppers are in and are starting to take off. The beans, cukes, and watermelons are just coming up. Peas are about two feet high and growing. The onions are looking good. Hope to get my sweetcorn in this weekend if it's not too wet.
post #5 of 155 (permalink) Old 05-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

just takin a break from putting in the TATERS ,got 10# i'm putting in.that'll be all i do today cause i gotta mow too

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
post #6 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 PM

I got my sweetcorn, some carrots, more beans, and a some hot peppers in yesterday. I think I'm just about done planting now.
post #7 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 PM

Got most of my garden in yellow and white onions,lettuce and radishis and two dozen green peppers two dozen tomatoes big boys and celeberties and a dozen of hung simi hot yellow peppers and six egg plants and zucs and cucs and green beans and six rows of corn...by the way where the Hec... do all the rabbits come from when you plant they just seem to appear. Got a new tiller with reversable rear tine and boy does it do a nice job. Got spared from the frost week or go but covered my early corn. Hope all will have a great year

LJS 1/25/48-11/3/13
post #8 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

heres the fence we put up sunday to keep Winchester out, need a little rain

2D

ONE NATION UNDER GOD...

Pray for our troops, and for our country

God Bless America
post #9 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Got the corn in Sunday. Still need to plant some cabbage, oregano, parsley and two more rows of beans. Oh almost forgot, planted some sunflowers for the bird feeders this winter. Tomatoes and peppers are doing very well. Peas have a ton of flowers.

No Place I'd Rather be, than UP a Tree
post #10 of 155 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 03:58 PM
The Man

Got in some yellow and silver sweet corn, onions, green beans and lettuce last night. I need to get some green pepper, broccoli, zuke, cuke, and pumpkin plants yet.

Not going overboard on much this year as my blanched beans are like mush and not overly palatable after they come out of the freezer. Hopefully the corn does well as that should keep better.

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page