Re: Here is another good shroom Ash Boletes
Do you know why they frown on eating the boletes that turn blue once picked.. Not that they are true poison.. They are Hallucinogenic! I went to a foray recently with my club..A 70 year old women ate some of the boletes that stain bluish on stem and under the cap.. She was on a trip that they had to put her in the hospital for 4 days.. After she got out she remarked: "I WANT TO DO THAT AGAIN!" Some of the blue staining ones are edible but some will send you on a trip.. By the way never eat any boletes that are red under the cap... They be the poison ones...There is one that called Boletus satanas and that is poison..