Trumpet Chanterelles another choice chanterelle - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Trumpet Chanterelles another choice chanterelle

Found in abundance in Pennswoods.. What some people call TRUMPET Chanterelles...

<a href="http://s253.photobucket.com/user/unclebuck
pa/media/2005_0101chanterellecinnabar0041.jpg.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank"></a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-2014, 05:04 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Re: Trumpet Chanterelles another choice chanterelle

Here is what I made with these outstanding chanterelles. Vodka, Caraway Seed, Red Hot Pepper, and Lemon that in three weeks turns into a sipping drink.. I might have one shot of this a year for Christmas...By the way you take a cheese cloth and remove all the solid from your new sipping vodka. Hence your vodka now takes on the flavor of all the ingredients I mentioned above.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 09:57 PM Thread Starter
The Man

This Chanterelle infused vodka turned out so good... Just think how it would be to take a shot of pure vodka .. : ( : ( this recipe allow one to enjoy something unique from the outdoors..It last forever too... I have some that goes back 5 years already stored for taking a shot on Christmas morn...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Do you think this would work with dried chanterelles's? And do you have a "recipe" or just go by looks?

Take the time to show some respect for the animals we hunt
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2014, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
The Man

No it will not work with dried ones... However you can use golden Chanterelle, Cinnabars, and or Back Trumpets aka Horn of Plenty, Winter Chanterelle and of course in my case Trumpet Chanterelles.....there is a recipe this is what you use: yu might be able to get Chanterelles at WEGMANS if you have one in your area... Not sure when they start selling them in their mushroom area..

Spiced Mushrooms in Alcohol.

3 oz /1cup Chanterelles. you can mix with some Oyster mushrooms too and combine if you have them also..Chanterelle are the important one..
1 tsp caraway seeds
1 lemon
1 red chili
1 1/2 cups of Vodka.
Get a good vodka.. Polish one is good but I have used Gilberts..
place the mushrooms, caraway seeds, cut up lemon and chili in a clean preserving jar or bottle.
Pour in vodka and leave for 2-3 weeks. Until mushrooms no longer float..
I don't chill mine but you can chill thoroughly and serve as an aperitif.
Put the now finished product through cheese cloth to strain... I compost the ingredients..
Pour your now finished drink into what ever you want to store it in.. the original Vodka bottle or get yourself a hip flask. I keep mine in the original bottle... You might want to get your vodka in a pint bottle or make a batch of it if you get a 5th or quart etc..
I have never put oyster mushrooms in mine but the recipe does call for it... This recipe is good if you just get a few Chanterelles. I wil try it next time with some oyster mushrooms in it too..
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2014, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I have seen Chanterelles and Oyster mushrooms for sale fresh in Wegmans. If you can't find them in the woods...Check Wegmans shroom area out in Late Spring and Summer for their Chanterelles... They seem to have Oyster mushrooms all the time.. qagain you want Chanterelles in the formula because they have a apricot smell..
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I purchased 4 chanterelles at Wegmans to finalize some liquid freshment I wanted to make better then it was... Don't even bother making this drink out of the Wegmans shrooms.. There was much debry at the bottom of the mason jar.. I don't even want to drink this new recipe after I screen it..Cheescloth it.. it's going in the composter the booze and all.. The stuff in the picture however was made from Pa Chanterelles and that's a keeper.. I still have plenty of that stored for when I just want to try something I made from the wild...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page