The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Orange Questions

5K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
Just wondering why there are so many questions about wearing orange? Didn't anyone get a digest with their license? There are 2 pages where it is explained very clearly and it is mentioned in several other sections as well.

#12 ·
one-and-done said:
ya but i think it is stupid you have to wear orange in this early muzzeloader season BUT NOT in the late muzzleoader season
but there are small game hunters out as well with .22's, bird hunters with shotguns, so it's not just a muzzleloader thing
....lot more going on then just m/l'ers and archery unlike after dec in just archery/flintlock season with far less people.......bob

#15 ·
Like they already said the woods are completely different. There is much more cover on the trees and an inline can be shot at a further distance because it is somewhat more accurate and you can use a scope so it is safer to require wearing orange during this season.

#18 ·
please re-read what i said bout less people in the woods during winter archery/flintlock/small game season then after dec....i have really never seen any hunters during the late season hunting seasons unless i was with a group of flintlock hunters....plus in the winter woods you CAN see much farther then the fall woods.......bob

#19 ·
I've never encountered a hunter in the woods during flintlock.
I did see one longbow hunter walking back to camp on the road.
Same place is crowded in October and November.

#20 ·
ok then if you have a group of guys flintlock hunting and they don't have to wear orange. then why do the group of small game hunters have to wear orange in the late season?????????? the bullet or ball from your flintlock will go through alot more stuff than the bb's from a shotgun shell.

#21 ·
That is why those with the bbs must wear the orange.
No one is preventing anyone from wearing orange if they want to. I always wore orange when I hunted with my flintlock and so did everyone in my hunting party.

#22 ·
I would depend what part of the state I might be hunting that time of year. Upstate, no orange. Southern sections and on a SGL, I'd probably where some orange.

Have only seen one flinter in the woods upstate in almost 30 years.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.