Posting Pictures Tutorial - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
JD3
Frequent Contributor

Posting Pictures Tutorial

<u>Posting Pictures on HuntingPA using Photobucket services</u>.

Step One: Type in your address bar: www.photobucket.com

Step Two: Click on: "Join Now. It's Free!"

Step Three: Once you are registered the "My Home" page should be shown. You are now ready to begin the process of uploading pictures to Photobucket.

Step Four Before clicking on "Upload images & videos" - click on "more options". On the "more options" page, select the option for "Large (640 X 480)". This option appears underneather the "Basic Dimensions" heading. After selecting the "Large (640 X 480)" option click "Save". You should be returned to the "My Home" page.

Step Five Click "Upload images & videos". A screen should appear that shows the files on your computer. For this tutorial, I clicked on "My Pictures" and then clicked on "Sample Pictures" where I had placed a picture. You will need to know where you have saved your pictures (so that you can locate them at this step) after you have uploaded them from your digital camera or scanner.

Once you have located your picture, double click on the picture so that the picture name appears in the "File name" box.

Click "Open" The screen should now show your "My Home" page on Photobucket. The screen should read "Uploading".

Step Six Your picture should now be uploaded to Photobucket. A screen should appear that has two categories: "Recent Albums" and "Recent Uploads". If this is the first picture you have uploaded to Photobucket you may only see one "Recent Album" and it should be titled "Default Album".

Step Seven Click on "Default Album". A screen should appear that shows the pictures in that album, it will be titled "In This Album".

Step Eight Mouse over the picture that you uploaded. When you move your mouse over this picture a drop down list should appear underneath that picture. In this list the last item reads "IMG Code".

Move your mouse to the text that appears to the right of "IMG Code". Left click on this text - the text should then become highlighted. Next, right click on the text that is highlighted and a new drop down list should appear. On this drop down list left click on "copy".

Step Nine In either a new tab or new window open HuntingPA - https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?Cat=
Go to your desired "Forum" and proceed as if you were creating a "New Topic" or "New Post". In the post box where you type your text, right click and a drop down list should appear.

Click on "Paste"

Click on "Preview Post"

Click on "Submit"

You have now completed the process for Posting Pictures on HuntingPA using Photobucket Services.

Additional Notes:
Use the same process when you are replying to a post and would like to reply with a picture.
When uploading an "Avatar" refer back to "Step Four" and choose "Tiny (100 X 75) as the size.
For additional information regarding "how to post pictures" refer to this post: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbt...938#Post357938.

I hope this tutorial is helpful for the members of HuntingPA. Please feel free to add Feedback for any items that should be changed or possibly alternative wording that would make the tutorial easier to understand.
If the Moderators of this forum feel that this post is useful, you may make it a Sticky.

-Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:44 AM
DWJ

Re: Posting Pictures Tutorial

Thanks for posting.......Having problem with avatar, keep getting Improper picture type error message, worked great for posting a photo in the forums.

One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it.
Ronald Reagan

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
JD3
Frequent Contributor

When you do your Avatar you don't need the [IMG] on the beginning of the code and the [/IMG] on the end of the code. Can just delete those two items and it should work. I forgot about that part.

I went on Photobucket and it seems the drop down list that showed the codes no longer works. I had to click on the "share" link that appears above the picture to get a code. Maybe Photobucket is going and changing things now that I made a tutorial.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 03:33 AM
DWJ

Thanks that fixed it, noticed the share link did not work as you described it.....

One way to make sure crime doesn't pay would be to let the government run it.
Ronald Reagan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page