Sad Sign of the Times - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
HPA Admin Approved Vendor

Sad Sign of the Times

Sadly this is the way of the world today for the hunter and fisherman. It really saddens me when I think back to a time when I was a youngster and I could hunt all day from one farm to another without ever seeing one of these signs.
What happened? Your guess is as good as mine but I cant help thinking somewhere along the line we brought this on ourselves.

Not looking to start anything here simply stating my feelings.

Griz

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Sad Sign of the Times

Very well said.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 03:25 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Matthew 22:37-40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

What happened... At least here was hunters had no respect. I've had it happen and seen it happen more. Guys think they have the right to do whatever they want. We have no one to blame but ourselves.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 03:39 PM

I have to agree with you.

Nature can teach us alot.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Frequent Contributor

Old or young we are one of our own worst enemies...All I think about when I see posted signs is the older guy in NEPA that was on the receiving end of the paint bomb saying that he's hunted that property for 50 years and its not going to change. No wonder you see more and more of them.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 PM

I disagree 100% with the hunters showing no respect...that's the excuse that modern landowners who for the most are those that inherited it from their parents who then use it to cover up their GREED...those yellow signs started to appear in my area in mass when our buddy altie put us onto antler restrictions. Up until that time we weren't going to fight over spikes, forkhorns and the occassional 6 or 8 pointers BUT when the landowners saw what happened after they lived an extra year or two the GREED part to over and POST they did... As far as I'm concerned hunter respect, so called dreamed up damage, not to say that some idiots didn't do some but the vast vast majority of hunters never touched a thing those are just excuses to cover up landowner GREED. The latest excuse these days is landowner liability..when was the last time you heard of any hunters filing a lawsuit against someone who let them hunt on their land, never! Just excuses to cover up GREED...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 07:25 PM
Regular Visitor

I disagree with you 100%. It is not greed. It is lack of respect by others. As a landowner who bought his own property, pay taxes and manages the land I should not have to deal with trespassers. Trespassers who use atvís, steal trail cameras, put bait piles out to hunt over, just to name a few. So I am the greedy one for posting my property. I also have to carry insurance on the property in case a trespasser would get hurt. If people learned to have a little respect for other property we would not see the amount of posted land we do.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Greed has nothing to do with it. I work hard pay my mortgage to use my land as I choose. If I don't want you in my stands or riding my trails its my decision. At the end of the day I'm paying for it.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:24 PM

<span style="font-weight: bold"> A HUGE dose of disrespect for other peoples property ruined many a good hunting spot/place....

With taxes being what they are, allot of landowners went to a lease program to supplement their income...

For you landowners, who do post your land for whatever reason....I understand !!!</span>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page