Boomless sprayers? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Boomless sprayers?

Anyone have any hands on experience with this model? We have a 14 acres of food plot land to spray and get ready for this year. We may also have to respray in August to put in some annual plots.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...xoC_GwQAvD_BwE

Wishing I was at camp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:05 PM

I have a pretty similar setup for my utv and it works great.

"live and learn, and then catch fish"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Drift on a windy day would be my concern. I like a boom and tracker dye mixed into the tank.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:34 PM

Looks like they changed their pump this year. My Dad has had one that is similar to this. https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...6034_200726034 He has had it for years and it has worked very well. I just bought the same thing except it has a 16 gallon tank instead of the 25. The one's that we have cover a 14' swath on the boomless sprayer where the one that you are looking at covers 40'.

Alot depends upon your area. If you have some small food plots then the 40' may be a bit much. For example if your plot is only 60' wide then it would be hard to spray without overlapping alot. If your fields are bigger though then 40' will get the job done quickly. Covering 14' at a time isn't bad though. You could maybe add a valve on the one that you linked to so that you could turn off one side?

Biggest thing with any sprayer is to make sure to clean it out well everytime as some chemicals are rough on the pumps. Also make sure the pump doesn't freeze over the winter. I think any of the North Star sprayers will do you fine. All depends on what you want to spend and how big your plots are.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblaster View Post
Drift on a windy day would be my concern. I like a boom and tracker dye mixed into the tank.
That can be an issue, but usually if you get out earlier in the morning it isn't too bad. Using my Gator with the 14' width I can gauge pretty easy based upon my tracks where it is spraying. A 40' swath may be tougher to tell. The downside to the dye is it can be a bit messy.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

I have the Northstar 16 gallon boomless sprayer and it has served me well. Have had it going on 9 years now and still going strong. I did have a problem with pump one time not running when switch activated. Called northern and they sent me new pump out no charge. I also replaced the plastic valves on mine with metal 1/4 turn valves cause mine were leaking.
Rinse it well after using and should last you many years. Good luck!

Rob
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Used one similar to that on my atv for 9yrs.,no complaints.Started boomless, then built a small 6 nozzle boom after a few years. I also switched to dye(which is a bit of a mess, and not too cheap) after a few years. I had less skips with the dye. Unit held up well, replaced the pump once,and still have it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page