1. Plant sunflowers, corn, and sorghum for doves and ducks
2. Plant millet
3. Maintain button bush and oak tree plantings
4. Freshen wood duck boxes
5. Finish island goose nest construction
On the Ridge:
1. Plant a new food plot that was previously a bunch of stilt grass and burdocks...we have a few planted trees and shrubs in the area, but should have plenty of space to work around them. Probably some oats and barley in the spring....then a combination of oats, barley, and clover in the fall - perhaps sprinkle in some radishes and turnips as well
2. Continue to eliminate ailanthus trees....since the end of rifle season I have hit all the ailanthus trees that I noticed getting to and from tree stands this fall. 2019 should be much lighter on the ailanthus-killing front, but I will continue to hit them as I see them pop up. I finally feel pretty good about our ailanthus situation.
3. Take some more elderberry and silky dogwood cuttings from across the ridge and propagate them at home to plant on the ridge early summer.
4. Plant some more Blue Hill Nursery fruit and mast trees. I want to add a few persimmons, maybe some more pears, and some chestnuts.
5. Plant the two existing fall plots with cereal grains and clover....and plant a brassica plot for winter-time deer grub.
6. Spray large existing clover plot for foxtail and thistles.
7. Freshen mineral sites