The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Spring 2019 Wildlife Tree Order

3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  rogersb 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in buying some fruit and nut trees for planting next spring? I am putting together the HPA Habitat Forum order with Blue Hill Nursery this year.

I have attached a picture of Ryan's flyer. Ryan has several varieties of pear, apple, and crabapples with great hunting drop times...as well as chestnuts, persimmons, oaks, and a mulberry.

Please let me know if you are interested in placing an order.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I have a message into Ryan about how he would like to handle the HPA order. The link to his Facebook page has some shipping details on there, and anyone can pick up an order at his nursery in Selingsgrove.

If we get a couple of HPA guys from the same area, I'm sure we can arrange some piggybacking on shipping or pick up.

#4 ·
I live outside of Chambersburg in Franklin County, and our camp is in Juniata County. Anyone close to either of those areas could meet me at either spot to pick up trees next spring.

Anyone interested from areas outside of there can place the order directly with Ryan and arrange shipping or pick up at his nursery.

#7 · (Edited)
OAWC,

If you do the order, I will take:

1 Oct. crab
1 Winter crab
1 Prime time crab
1 Harvest Pear,

My preference would be the 3-5' trees @ $12.50 each.

I live in northern Franklin county and work at Shady Grove, PA. I met you several years ago at Sheetz in Greenvillage to pick up my tree order.

#9 ·
Ryan has some great chestnut and persimmon seedlings still available for sale.

The first pic is the persimmon seedlings with a tape showing growth - pic taken beginning of September.

Second pic is the chestnut seedlings with a stick showing growth in September. 10 trees for a $20 spot.

Last pic is the parent chestnut tree....which drops middle of October.

Attachments

#18 ·
I just want to say that if anyone is looking for chestnut trees to plant, the trees I bought from Ryan are doing amazing!! All the trees I planted are thriving and doing wonderful. Several have grown to 4-5 feet tall in my 6 foot tree tubes. The root system on these seedlings were unbelievable too!! Will definitely by from Ryan again when I need too.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.