Finally got around to prepping my woods plot for the fall. Expanded it quite a bit too with a brush blade and chainsaw to areas that get more light. Also hit it with the first application of glysophate. Should've had this done about 4 weeks ago. Anyone else running behind?
Sorry, no pictures as I left my phone in the truck.
I've got Duranna white clover, mixed with some winfred brassicas and appin turnips. I used the winfred brassicas last year and thought they did ok given the light conditions so they got the green light again this year. I never tried the appin turnips so we will see how they do. I'm hoping to re-spray next Sunday but definitely will not have the time to get any seed in the ground. So unless I can get out of work early the seeding won't happen til the following weekend.
Hopefully this rain keeps up! My luck is as soon as I throw seed down we will go into a 6 week drought! 8)
I got about 60% of the plot mowed and seeded yesterday just before dark. I really wanted to get the seed in the ground before this rain and with my upcoming schedule I was worried it would be getting to late in the year. The other 40% really needs sprayed again and then mowed before seeding. I'll probably throw winter rye down in a few weeks when I finally get it finished.
I'll have pictures in a few weeks when it finally looks like something.