NWTF Conservation Seed - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

NWTF Conservation Seed

Has anyone obtained any of the NWTF conservation seed in the past few years. What results have you had? Definitely a cheaper alternative than buying from seed distributor, since it is sometimes free or they only charge for shipping and storage depending on what you order. However it is typically year old seed that didn't sell or had lower than normal germination rates. I see the pa local chapter orders needed to be in by January 15th,so I missed getting an order in for this year. Looks like they had sorghum, soybeans, conventional corn, round up ready corn, and winter wheat.

I know we obtained sunflowers and corn seed many years ago. Sunflowers didn't stand a chance as the deer ate them as soon as they came up. The corn had mixed results, but that was probably more weather related or poor soil conditions for planter used (prior sod field) than anything else. I also recall the corn received was pretty long day, so in the northern tier you had to try and get it planted early otherwise it was not mature before the first fall frost.

Would like to hear from people with recent experience. To see if I need to add a reminder to get my order in next year to my local chapter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 02:19 PM
Part of the Community

Have-info on how/when to reach out? Always interested in low cost options!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

The information was in the PA turkey talk magazine Fall 2016 issue. The PDF of the magazine is to large to post. I have attached a link that can take you to the Fall 2016 edition. You need to be an NWTF member and they recommend ordering through your loval NWTF chapter to save on costs.

http://panwtf.squarespace.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page