The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

My Pal has passed

3K views 28 replies 27 participants last post by  Dawgluver 
#1 ·
The best friend I ever had. My French Brit Blackie passed a month ago after 16 and a half years.

He was an outstanding hunter and even better house/family companion. Only we who have a magic bond with a dog knows how it feels....I used to post some time ago on this forum when I first got my dog. Needless to say I will be searching for a pup, preferably a French Brit but I'm not locked in. I know any dog of any breed can be a great one.

FWIW, me not being a purist, we hunted everything together, Although he got most exited around pheasants. We hunted rabbits, squirrels, turkey and grouse and had great times doing it..... He even pulled a dead Bullhead out of Lake Arthur under a foot of water when we were just taking an easy stroll along the shore!...I will miss him forever.

#23 ·
#25 ·
Wow! That was a difficult read, but what a fantastic read.

I'm sorry about the loss of the family member. Pups always have a way of letting us know they are family. I've never had a hunting dog, not sure I will...but I've had some good pups for sure.

Have one right now that is one of the best dogs I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. She's 5-6, but I am already dreading the day...

#26 ·
A lot of us know the pain losing a great dog causes for a long, long time....Both the bad and good thing about it is 99.999% of the dogs we share our lives with are absolutely great. Bad for the pain that comes with the great memories, but good in the fact the chances are really good you will fall in love all over again when you're ready again..... but we never forget them either:crying:

Sorry for your loss.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.