Masterbuilt MPS 340/g - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Masterbuilt MPS 340/g

Thinking about a new smoker and came across this one. Anyone have one that could share a review ? Also open to any suggestions. I want a big one.. Thinking propane but let me know what ya think. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Banned

I started out with a propane smoker, It was a PIA, I could not hold the temperature, on a 12 hour smoke I had to check it about every 15 minutes, essentially I couldn't do anything but stand by the smoker. I then switched to a Weber smokey Mountain charcoal smoker, it was better than the propane but is still required a close watch. Then a couple of years ago I switched to a Bradley digital electric, I am very happy with it. It hold the temperature well and it is set up and smoke and forget. Once you set the temp, the smoke time and the cook time it takes care of it's self except for adding the wood biscuits which come in a whole lot of different woods, each one lasts about 20 minutes and then the new one pushes the old one into your drip pan of water. All you have to do is know when to add some more biscuits into the self feeding tube. I recommend buying a biscuit saver which are metal discs that go on top of the biscuits so that when you get to the last part of your smoke time you don't waste wooden biscuits that would be pushed into the water pan. A good thing about this smoker is you do not have to open the door to add more smoke biscuits, the tube is external as well as the smoke generator so you do not dump your heat by opening the door. I can recommend the Bradley digital smoker, You can also buy an attachment so you can also cold smoke as well as hot smoke. No matter which smoker you wind up buying, I highly suggest also buying a digital probe thermometer that gives you constant internal meat temp and a digital rack thermometer to double check the true inside temp. My probe thermometer is remote so I can leave the base which the probe plugs into and take the readout part of the thermometer with me if when I walk away.

Last edited by Woods walker; 01-04-2019 at 11:44 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Yes I understand the temp issue. This one is supposed to be fairly accurate and hold temp as set..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page