Smoked Salmon Spread - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Woods walker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Smoked Salmon Spread

Last night,I took a thin 4oz fillet of smoked Norwegian Salmon and chopped it into little pieces, about twice the size of a book match head and a little
less than a table spoon of capers which I chopped very small and about a teaspoon of caper juice , a pinch of kosher salt and a couple of grinds of black peppercorns and half a 12 oz tub of Philadelphia cream cheese and put it in a bowl and gave it a few stirs with a fork. Then put the bowl in the microwave for 10 seconds just to soften it a little but not heat it, then stirred it and mixed it really well with the fork. I then put it in a Tupperware container with a lid and stuck it in the fridge over night fro the flavors to meld well. This evening I spread some on Keebler Townhouse crackers and poured a glass of Tomatin single malt 12 yo scotch and tried my salmon spread. It is a rousing success and I will make it again. As soon as the weather is warmer I will make it with some salmon that I smoke myself, which think has a stronger flavor than the store bought.. If you like salmon you will like this and it is easy. I suspect it will go just as well with some good small batch Bourbon.
BCozhunter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page