What Vacuum Sealer Should I Buy? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

What Vacuum Sealer Should I Buy?

High volume compared to average "hunter" but low compared to a lot of you. I want to be able to vacuum seal 3 deer or so a year. The two my family gets and one maybe 2 for my Dad. We usually get some birds, squirrels, and fish. But nothing crazy. I do NOT want to buy something that overheats butchering a deer or two. And I do not want to have to replace it in a year or two. New to Vacuum Sealers.

Would be awesome to have something that takes 12" or wider bags for snapping turtles. We use the shell in our broth, but if I absolutely have to, I could split the carapace in two halves. Prefer not to.

Suggestions ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 07:58 AM
New Arrival

After going through several cheaper machines, 3 years ago I decided to buy a better machine after some research I decided on a Weston 2300. It is 15 inches and has a fan for cooling, Iíve been extremely pleased with this machine and highly recommend it, I believe it is similar to Cabelas brand but the Weston has a cooling fan, it was not cheap around $300
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Frequent Contributor

If you want one to last decades instead of years look into the dual chamber models.....I just got a vacmaster VP 215. It is a large unit weighing 75lbs so not very portable. It can seal anything including liquids. An expensive unit but the bags are very cheap.....so that will reduce cost over the long term...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 09:18 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Also recommend a chamber vac. Mine has paid for itself in three years thru cost saving of cheap bags and burned up food saver sealers.
web
I took the risk and drove across the state to King of Prussia and picked one up of this guy on ebay to save $ over one of the bigger online stores. All of the chamber vacs available seem just to be china knock offs.
Wanted to see it run before I bought it and he knocked off some $ for shipping. We un-crated it and added the oil. If you do the same be careful to transport it level once the oil is added. There was also a bigger floor model that runs on 220v for not much more $. If I would of had the space would have went for the bigger unit as it is nice for larger items and multiple bags at once. Don't expect the guy's shop to be much of a retail setting if he is still in the same place.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-STOCKED...-/112508110258
Buy the bags online from a place in Lancaster - WebstaurantStore.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page