Spiced Chanterelle Mushroom Alcohol - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Spiced Chanterelle Mushroom Alcohol

Spiced Chanterelle Mushroom Alcohol
Should you find a few Golden Chanterelle mushrooms you can make a sipping drink from Vodka and a few other ingredients. I place all the ingredients listed below in a Mason Jar with lid and let it age for 3 Weeks. If you have a few Oyster mushroom and or Cinnabar Chanterelle mushroom you can add them to the recipe too. However, the main mushroom will be the Golden Chanterelle mushroom. I do prefer a Vodka that is made in Austin, Texas called Tito’s.
Ingredients:
1 Lemon cut into 4 quarters
2 Fresh Red Hot Pepper (Suggest you use a plastic disposable knife and rubber gloves when handling the red peppers. You touch your eyes they will burn them. Also, any red pepper on a knife will surely remain on the blade.
2 Tables Spoons of Caraway seed
3 to 4 whole Golden Chanterelle Mushrooms
Place all the ingredients into a 1 quart Mason Jar. Add The mushroom in last on to top of the other ingredients. Pour in the Vodka into Mason Jar until it just below the rim of the bottle. Seal it. Place it away from direct sun light for 3 weeks. When the Chanterelles float to the bottom, the brew is pretty much done. However, I always allow it to age for 3 whole weeks.
After the 3-week period. Open the lid and pour the liquid through a Cheese Cloth into another Mason Jar, hip flask, or original bottle the vodka was purchased in. (Save Bottle). I have removed the Chanterelles (only) and cooked them with eggs. Lately I just compost everything.
The sipping drink is nice to have for the Holidays or if company comes over and they want to try something different.
It keeps a long time too. I really don’t drink much so I might take a shot of it Christmas Day… I have given it to friends and relatives. Most of them like it. Only one said it was a little bit too spicy for her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page