Look 4 a butcher Brookville,Brockway,Dubois ?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2016, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Look 4 a butcher Brookville,Brockway,Dubois ??

My wife & I are eligible for the Senior Doe Season this month. In the past, when we got one in December we hung & cut etc... our own. Since October may be warm we will need a butcher.
Can anyone recommend a deer butcher in the Brookville -Brockway - Dubois area?

NRA Member
Former USMC - Vietnam
Retired Army - Desert Storm
Renewing hunting knowledge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 12:27 AM
Regular Visitor

Re: Look 4 a butcher Brookville,Brockway,Dubois ??

Fye's on Wayne Road outside DuBois. Biggie's on 219 outside of Sykesville used to cut them, not sure now. Good Luck to you and your wife.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 01:08 PM
The Man

Muths processing in on 410 just outside of Luthersburg. Never used them, I have just seen the signs

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 01:26 PM
The Man

Muths is ridiculously expensive. Biggies in Stump Creek used to, as stated above. Not sure if they still do. Krajewskis in Reynoldsville used to as well. ZION meats does, but that is almost in Clearfield. I've used all of the above in the past, but have cut my own for the last 10 years or so. Not sure if all the above are still in business, or thier current pricing.

I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 01:42 PM
The Man

I think Biggies stopped since the CWD stuff

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn
Fye's on Wayne Road outside DuBois. Biggie's on 219 outside of Sykesville used to cut them, not sure now. Good Luck to you and your wife.
John Biggie is a friend of mine and is no longer accepting deer meat. John took out a full page ad in the Courier Express and Punxsy Spirit last year, explaining that it would not benefit him to make a quick buck - cutting deer meat, only to have his meat processing plant condemned by the board of health - if CRW is found on his property.

I think the confusion is in where the OP is located and where the OP plans to hunt.
North of 322 is outside the CWD zone - I think. Unless the line was moved again.

George at Take a Break, Moon's meat, Krawjeweski's meat, are probably the three closests butcher shops I know of that does a good job and does more then just offer plain deer meat! The guy next to AJ's - i'm not real keen on taking anything there. Yes, I am sure he can butcher a deer for you, but I don't smell a smoker, so I don't believe that he can do anything more. And most meat shops are at least inspected from time to time by The meat inspector. These fly by night butchers gives the more respectful butcher shops a bad name.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:35 PM
dce
Sage

I do my own but when time is limited.I take them to Fyes on Wayne rd between Dubois and Reynoldsville. They do a good job and have a fast turnaround.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page