The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

My buddy’s first fox

494 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  NorthernPotterCo 
#1 ·
Called this nice red in for my buddy (who missed three with me last year) he appeared around 20 minute mark at the top of the hill and was coming in hot when I heard a noise. Here it was the landowners wife coming home (it’s midnight) up the drive way and back to the house she goes and the fox ran back over the hill. I kept playing the call for a couple more minutes then shut it off. Scanned in silence for about 5 minutes and he reappeared way out on other end. Turned on vole squeaks he came in on a string I lipped squeaked when he got about 100 yards away and my buddy put him down for his first fox. Next stand I called in a coyote made my shot seen him role and about 10 seconds later I hear all kinds of branches and brush breaking. I went and looked to find nothing went back in morning and I’m almost positive it crawled into this giant log and brush pile. It had trails coming in and out of it and the landowner was seeing coyotes in the daytime this summer so I think its a old den site.

Attachments

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.