The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community - View Single Post - Have You Hunted Deer on Sunday In PA
View Single Post
post #178 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:57 PM
CMP70306
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMP70306 View Post
Actually the legality of it wasn’t questioned, Sunday hunting is 100% illegal in PA no questions about it.

The main topic was had or would the folks of HuntingPA actually consider illegally hunting in PA if the had they private ground to do it which implies a minimal chance of getting caught. That is entirely a moral and ethical question, would you break a baseless law you don’t agree with if you wouldn’t get caught?
My Answer is NO, period. Dude get out there and Hunt and get off the Keyboard while you can. What's a baseless law? your opinion or law?
Get a Grip and Get in the Woods.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG]
I was simply repeating the original topic from the original post that started this thread. I have it listed at the bottom of this post for reference. A baseless law is one that was made for no justifiable reason, like the fact that you are not legally allowed to sell a car on Sunday.

As for getting in the woods, unfortunately I live 3 hours from camp so I can’t hunt during the week which leaves me researching load data and making test loads for my new rifle which I will be testing Sunday after muzzleloader hunting Saturday. Have to do something to pass the time while I wait for the chargemaster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMP70306 View Post
Actually the legality of it wasn’t questioned, Sunday hunting is 100% illegal in PA no questions about it.

The main topic was had or would the folks of HuntingPA actually consider illegally hunting in PA if the had they private ground to do it which implies a minimal chance of getting caught. That is entirely a moral and ethical question, would you break a baseless law you don’t agree with if you wouldn’t get caught?
Do you think game wardens don't go on private ground? I have private ground of my own and I never once thought of taking the chance. Even though the sunday before opener ( old days ) people will shoot there guns in. But here a one shot and that double pop of bullet blowing your odds is not to good that someone didn't hear it and will make a call.
I know they do which is why I don’t hunt Sunday even though I primarily hunt private land. I was simply referencing the original post as shown below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4D View Post
First, keep this civil.

Second, I thought of this while on stand Saturday looking at the forecast and seeing how great the setup was going to be Sunday morning. I thought to myself, if I owned a big chunk of private land, I would probably hunt deer on Sunday. Sorry, not sorry, if you don't like it. I have not, but I would.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome