Trip 7's - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Trip 7's

well its not 3 7pt bucks...lol...
my wife filled her 4c doe tag this morn on a big ol doe about 10am. we are very fortunate to have permission on a piece of private property that is absolutely loaded w/deer but it can be extremely difficult to hunt do to surrounding houses and the safety issues and also the fact that most of the acreage is open field w/only 3 small patched of woods but they are thick as hair on a dog and hold deer like nobodies business!

my wife just took a job as a UPS driver helper and she typically doesn't have to meet her driver until noonish or a lil before. we have been putting the last kid on the bus around 8:30 and head right to hunt the last cpl days. we have seen and moved deer each day but the surrounding house pose quite a challenge on this property. our first drive i put out 7 does and a spike but again no shots. second drive was awesome...I love that feeling when you here deer crashing and then a min later the shot! 3 deer came crashing by her and caused 5 more to stand up that were bedded close that she never saw....lil deer, lil deer, big deer BOOM!!!

she said it was chaos after the shot and she couldn't find/follow the deer she shot at and it was so thick that I understand why. I was within sight and talking distance shortly and I told her to hang tight as I circled out to the field edge. the grass/goldenrod was at least 5' tall and the brush on the edge was a tangled web of vines and brush mixed w/cattails and marshy ground. i was near where the deer was at the shot and following her direction to the spot when i heard a deer jump up...UHH OHH i thought as i turned to my wife i saw her throw her gun up. i yelled to watch out for the one house and kinda cringed and waited for the shot but nothing and then i saw her pull the gun down and run outta sight infront of the wall of brush between us.

i couldn't hear what she was saying as she went outta sight but i thought i heard "its wounded!" i went another 20 yds from where i was at and found blood. i started following it and right away i could tell that the deer i heard jump up was not the deer she shot at since the blood went left and the deer jumped up straight infront. it didn't all click till about 5 mins later. i found her deer dead as a door nail 30 yds from her shot and i yelled to her that i had it but still couldn't see her. she came into view and yelled "it just went out through the field!"

apparently the deer that jumped up after her shot was already wounded. she said she came around a corner on the small trail in the brush and was literally face to face w/the wounded deer. she said if she didn't have on all the heavy hunting clothing she could've caught/tackled it...lol...i didn't even try to explain to her how bad of an idea that would've been but she insisted she could've touched it 2 diff times but didn't shoot because of a house 200 yds away but in direct line. luckily she didn't kill it or we would've had problems since she was the only one w/a 4c doe tag. unfortunalty that wounded doe is still out there but i got the word out to several of the neighbors to keep an eye out for her and hopefully she gets put down soon.

this is my wifes 7th deer with 7 shots in 7 years...TRIP 7's...SHE DOESNT MISS!!!!! she doesn't take marginal shots, refuses to shoot at a running deer (trotting or fast walk is ok...lol) and will not shoot a small deer and yet always seems to find one to play the game and she always wins! lucky #7...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: Trip 7's

Nice doe!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

That is a very nice doe!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 08:45 PM
The Man

Congrats
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Nice!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Awesome

The older I get the better I was.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 09:49 PM

"The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting,.. " Proverbs 12:27 NKJ
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 10:47 PM

Congrats!

USAF 1980-2010
OEF VET
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member
American Legion Life Member
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 AM

Nice looking doe. Congrats!

Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 02:00 AM

<span style="font-weight: bold"> Nice shot, nice doe, and some awesome meals...

Congrats to the little lady...</span>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page