Repeat Kill Site - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 05:16 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Repeat Kill Site

I saw another post like this in the forum so I thought I'd share my story. It might be weird, but I have written down in a journal every deer that I have killed including date, time, place and even weather condition that day ever since I started hunting. This past year I killed my biggest buck yet and it was from the same treestand, same exact date and within an hour apart from the year before when I killed another buck from that stand. Just thought that was an interesting little thing that I wanted to share with everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 10:03 AM
gia
Banned

Re: Repeat Kill Site

I killed a buck out of the same tree for the last 25 plus years on my farm in Bradford county. 99 percent of them on the first day of rifle season , first thing in the morning. Not sure if this applies to your story but.....
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:04 PM

done it many times...

jmdb25

Take a Kid hunting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have harvested 75% of my deer from the same stand location. The stand itself has changed a few times, but it has always been within 10 yards of the original stand (which still stands, but is no longer safe to be in). One year I harvested a dandy 4 point on the first day of rifle at 7am. The next day one of the guys hunting with us harvested a wall-hanger 8 point from the same stand at 7am. On the first day of the doe season (was still a 3 day season then) I harvested a mature doe at, you guessed it, exactly 7am. I always thought that was pretty interesting.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page