The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

I' m looking for a place to shoot

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  captin_hook 
#1 ·
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct section....I'm in the Greensburg area and I'm looking for a place to send some rounds down range with the rifles. We used to go up behind someones house out the highway but I think they're getting a bit tired of us. What's a good range/place in my area???

#2 ·
there is a gamelands shooting range up near waterford past ligonier. its about 30 min from greensburg. it has 50 and 100 yard and is not overly crowded except near deer season. there are several clubs near you as well. hecla sportsman out towards the fairgrounds is close to you. crowfoot sportsman down near murraysville is nice but a little pricey for membership. as for a place to go and just blast away, its getting harder to find around our area. all the strip mines and mine slag piles are getting built up. i do most of my shooting in my back yard but i only have a 40 yard range.

#10 ·
truk said:
Remember. you will need to have you current PA Hunting License with you at the Game land ranges.
Or you need the new range permit. they are $30 a person i believe for anyone 16 or older.you could also be in possesion of a trapping license just remember everyone 16 or older needs at least one of those 3 thinngs,range permit,hunting license,or trapping license and they must be current

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.