Posting pics w Manage Attachments - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Administrator
  • 1 Post By Danesdad
  • 1 Post By loridr
  • 1 Post By Administrator
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
The Man
 
loridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pa, Dauphin co
Posts: 7,484
Back To Top
Posting pics w Manage Attachments

When posting pics with the manage attachments function, only landscape pics post properly, portrait pics post sideways. Is this something that could be addressed?
loridr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
dpms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 18,210
Back To Top
Good question. I have noticed the same thing when posting from my phone.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
dpms is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 11:06 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
WildBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Elizabethtown, Pa, USA
Posts: 3,408
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
Good question. I have noticed the same thing when posting from my phone.
You need to use a photo editor of sorts to change they're rotation. For example, the pic of a car I detailed using my cell, the Gimp message when opened on my 'puter and after it's rotation.
Why? I haven't a clue!!!
Bill
Attached Images
File Type: png Annotation 2020-01-02 093955.png (50.0 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Vue full.jpg (105.1 KB, 43 views)
WildBill is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
The Man
 
loridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pa, Dauphin co
Posts: 7,484
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
You need to use a photo editor of sorts to change they're rotation. For example, the pic of a car I detailed using my cell, the Gimp message when opened on my 'puter and after it's rotation.
Why? I haven't a clue!!!
Bill

Yep, I'm not on a phone, I'm on a PC and use Windows Photo Editor to rotate mine as well, but it would be nice if it weren't necessary. Still hoping that the Admin can submit this issue for a fix.
loridr is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 01:44 PM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,817
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
Yep, I'm not on a phone, I'm on a PC and use Windows Photo Editor to rotate mine as well, but it would be nice if it weren't necessary. Still hoping that the Admin can submit this issue for a fix.
If those images were taken on a mobile phone, I don't think we can do much about it since all phones are different even though their OS are the same.
Not sure about it but we might be able to have a fix soon, but no eta.
For now, it is what it is unfortunately.

Lee
loridr likes this.

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/sho...93#post1790393
Administrator is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
The Man
 
loridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pa, Dauphin co
Posts: 7,484
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
If those images were taken on a mobile phone, I don't think we can do much about it since all phones are different even though their OS are the same.
Not sure about it but we might be able to have a fix soon, but no eta.
For now, it is what it is unfortunately.

Lee

Thanks for looking into it.
loridr is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
WildBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Elizabethtown, Pa, USA
Posts: 3,408
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
If those images were taken on a mobile phone, I don't think we can do much about it since all phones are different even though their OS are the same.

Lee
I played around with a cell photo editor downloaded from Goggle app store awhile back. I don't know if it had the ability to change the rotation or not, I used it about an hour then uninstalled it!
The other problem I have, the pics I take my cell are huge, 1932x2576 pixs, another reason why I upload and edit them( resize-rotate-etc) on the 'puter with Gimp.

Bill
WildBill is online now  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Sage
 
Danesdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Westmoreland county PA
Posts: 20,054
Back To Top
Ever since photobucket went communist, I have been unable to post pictures at all.
Administrator likes this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Danesdad is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2020, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
The Man
 
loridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pa, Dauphin co
Posts: 7,484
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
Ever since photobucket went communist, I have been unable to post pictures at all.

You no longer need a photo host to post pics, you can post them directly from your PC or phone with the Manage Attachments function. Been that way for quite a while now.
Administrator likes this.
loridr is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 11:59 AM
Administrator
 
Administrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 1,817
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
I played around with a cell photo editor downloaded from Goggle app store awhile back. I don't know if it had the ability to change the rotation or not, I used it about an hour then uninstalled it!
The other problem I have, the pics I take my cell are huge, 1932x2576 pixs, another reason why I upload and edit them( resize-rotate-etc) on the 'puter with Gimp.

Bill
Technically you can post them, the images will be shrunken down a bit but you can also compress the images on your phone iirc. Seems like the new trend with mobile images are getting bigger and better quality.


Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191231_211714.jpg (738.6 KB, 2 views)
loridr likes this.

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/sho...93#post1790393
Administrator is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome