More of a question ... about the site refreshing - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

More of a question ... about the site refreshing

Is it my computer or the web site and can something be done about it?
Trouble is , it does not seem to automatically refresh ..... and the posts alongside the right hand side of the page are always old.
Is it me or just how it is?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Hi there,

Can you explain a little more on the issue you're having? Are you logged in when the site isn't updating?

Niall

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/sho...93#post1790393
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hi there,

Can you explain a little more on the issue you're having? Are you logged in when the site isn't updating?

Niall
Hi , yes and no.
I will try and give you 2 examples of what is going on.

When NOT logged in , the recent discussions area on the right side of the page is way outdated even though it will say someone posted "today" when the last post was days ago. Hitting refresh does not change this.

The other thing happens when LOGGED IN.
Let's pretend with a make believe example that I am in the "Firearms" category and looking at all the thread titles ....
I will see that "joe smith" was the last to post on the subject of ...."how to clean your gun"
I open the thread and I don't see joe smith as the last poster .... and joe smith has not even posted anywhere in that thread.
I hit re-fresh and then joe's post comes up.
I see this often and at first thought it was because joe smith was deleting his post .....but I seen it so much I did not think that the case.
I use a home computer and I think windows 7 ...... with firefox.
I don't seem to see this any place else.Not a big deal esp now I figured out to always keep refreshing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 02:20 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I've had same issue in past. It shows the recent discussion topics on the right side as showing posted recently, that day in fact; but when you actually click on them, they're old topics from weeks before. Strange.

The sleep of a laborer is sweet, while the rich man tosses and turns, worried about his possessions.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have to sign in twice before I'm actually signed in when using my iMac. Been this way for a few weeks.
When using my iPhone it wants me to create a new password. I'n not going to, so I seldom use my phone on this site.
My iPad keeps me signed in, and works great.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Administrator

When not signed in, you won't get the 100% up-to-date version of the forum, but a cached version. We do this for 2 main reason, 1)to save server power by not sending a live feed to every guest/bot on the site, and 2)security reasons. A cached version of the page can't be compromised.

As for the signing in twice thing, I'd suggest giving your phone browser cookies a clean and then let me know if it still happens. If it does, I'll want to know if you find this is happening when signing in within a thread, or signing in from an index, or both

Kevin

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/sho...93#post1790393
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 06:29 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
When not signed in, you won't get the 100% up-to-date version of the forum, but a cached version. We do this for 2 main reason, 1)to save server power by not sending a live feed to every guest/bot on the site, and 2)security reasons. A cached version of the page can't be compromised.

As for the signing in twice thing, I'd suggest giving your phone browser cookies a clean and then let me know if it still happens. If it does, I'll want to know if you find this is happening when signing in within a thread, or signing in from an index, or both

Kevin
I have no idea what's going on. On the iMac desk top I clean the history, deleted the saved login and did a hard shut down of system. Still need to log in twice, no big deal.
On my iPhone I cleared the history also no help. When I tried to log in it said it was the wrong password and locked the sign in for 15 minutes. Once again o big deal I never use the phone to comment.

The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
The day that you tarry is the day that you lose.
Sunshine or thunder, a man will always wonder.
Where the fair wind blows.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Well at least now know the not logged in trouble isn't just me but how it is.
The logged in trouble , I'll just deal with ..... not a huge hassle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page