Private Messages - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Private Messages

Are you guys ever going to fix the PM system? Every single old and new post shows up as a new message, no threads at all. It's so annoying I don't use it anymore. I've directed those who messaged me there to contact me via other methods.

I understand the site was sold and that changes were to be expected. But this is far and away the most screwed up format I've ever experienced. I frequent a lot of hunting/trapping/fishing sites (this used to be one of them) and none of them even come close to this level of absurdity, they all run smoothly and have logical, friendly user interface. You guys have had months to fix this crap? Maybe just start over?

Anyhow, I check in here every three-four weeks (use to be daily) to see if anything has improved...it hasn't. It's a shame, use to be a good site before John sold it.

Is it safe to assume the PM system is going to stay "as is"?

Eh...wot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hey Lugnut,

Glad you said something. I am just getting back onto the system and sent a PM yesterday to someone selling a flintlock. When I went to the PM section of my membership I noticed the same issues you have highlighted. So, I guess my PM never made it out????

Thanks for your post.

Chaos USMC
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hey Chaos USMC,

I don't know if yours was sent or not. With the old format you could see if the PM you sent was read our not. I don't think we have that option now.

I know my taxidermist was trying to get in touch with me through PM's here. She wanted me to send her some more fox skins. I don't check in here very often anymore but even when I did, I never got the notification. Luckily, we are friends on Facebook and she contacted me that way.

This site is a mess since the previous owner sold it to that Canadian outfit.

Eh...wot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Hey,

Can you please take a screenshot of some of the old PMs that are showing up as new PMs so we can show the development team what is happening to old posts?

~Sheena

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/show...93#post1790393
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

No, I cannot because I'm using a PC and not a cell phone. But it is ALL of them.

Eh...wot?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Hey there,

Though the process of taking screenshots on a PC is a little more cumbersome, it is very much possible and will help us out during this investigation.

Here is a quick guide on how to do so.

Once you have the desired target on your screen, push the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.
Open up Paint, or another image editor program, and push Ctl-V in that window.
The image you snapped will appear, from here you need to crop the image as desired.

Then save the image and attach it to this thread.

Thank you for your patience!

Richard.

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/show...93#post1790393

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page