New Site Look and Feedback Thread - Page 13 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 01:59 PM

Darker colors....yes. No option for "ALL" pages on a given post. Not as user friendly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Pros
-LOVE the drag and drop attachment feature for a desktop, not sure how it will work from a mobile phone
-Likes and rating are cool
-Oh I like how on the right side where the recent discussions are there is a little thumbnail next to a thread which allows you to click on it and view pictures on a post, thats kind of cool (at least for a desk top)

Cons
-I dont really prefer all of the white but but that could grow on me
-The PM section is less than desirable, had all kind of old PM's when I logged in and couldn't find recent ones right away
-I do not like the way the PM's reply as a quote
-Honestly the mobile page is horrendous without forcing a desktop view
-Not really fond about clicking on a thread and taken to the first message not the last/new responses
post #123 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekside View Post
Mine is working fine as far as showing new posts in forum titles. There's even a key at the bottom of the main page that shows what they look like with and without new posts. .
What indicator are you seeing that lets you know if there are new posts in a forum when scrolling through the forum list?

Eh...wot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:02 PM

Darker colors....yes. No option for "ALL" pages on a given post. Not as user friendly.
post #125 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:05 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
^^^This. The view all feature was a huge time saver. That is how I preferred to view any thread that interest me.

Also, holy advertisements. They are everywhere. They are even between posts. I understand it is a business though and this isn't free to run. So from that regard I completely understand, doesn't mean I like it though.

I agree with the "view all" feature. That is how I preferred to view threads longer than a few pages.

MCWolfe6
post #126 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 171farm View Post
-Not really fond about clicking on a thread and taken to the first message not the last/new responses
\\

instead of clicking on the desired thread, click the little openbook/bookmark looking thing in front of the thread. it will take you to the first unread post
Adam, 171farm and Administrator like this.

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #127 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
First let me say thank you! I logged on yesterday on my phone and the site looks great. I feel like I want from win 95 to windows 10. I personally really like the new clean color scheme and really did not like the old dark brown/black/orange theme. The responsive design has made the site way more inviting and usable.

I like the addition of the like and mention. I do believe you have achieved your goals with the modern look/feel. Page load on my PC and phone have greatly improved.

The only thing that would be nice is to be able to view the entire conversation when responding to a PM and to not have the last message automatically quoted in the reply pane.

Again thanks for the update for me it is a very welcome and appreciated change.
@nomad_archer

Thanks a bunch for the feedback, I will share with the team.

We have made the number of PM's a lot higher now, I will have to try and find a plugin or hack to bring it back to the conversion/thread view.

Jeff M
Adam and nomad_archer like this.

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/sho...93#post1790393
post #128 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
Several members have contacted me off the board to ask I post this. With the changeover, every member appears to have to re log in. They forgot their original password so they tried using the email a new password feature. They have yet to receive a new password to get back on HPA. Should they expect a delay or is that feature a auto send and maybe not working?

Thanks.
@dpms - if a member is stuck not being able to log in please PM me their username and email and we will send them a reset.

User can update passwords here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/prof...o=editpassword

Jeff M

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/sho...93#post1790393
post #129 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald Jager View Post
Drag photos is great, thanks. How do you get it to post photo full size instead of thumbnail? Tried changing in personal preferences to full size and width, height size but didn't seem to work. In a photo spread opening each thumbnail is a pain.
Would like darker background with light letters. Way to bright for me.
@Wald Jager

Drag and Drop and attached images will show up thumbnails, hosted images will show up as full view.

If you click on the thumbnails it will open in full view as a light box.

Jeff M

post #130 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
Over all it is "eh". I liked it better when I could decide the colors of the page. What colors are good for one may not be good for another.
I really do not like the stuff on the right side of the page. I prefer the threads to take up the entire page. Easier to read, less scrolling, and more to a page.
@Backwoods

You can toggle the sidebar off/on per the first post.

6) The side bar can be hidden in your user options.
Click on my profile / user cp at the top right.
- click on edit your details on the left.
- Look for Show Sidebar on Forum Pages under Additional Information.
- Click disable and save.

Jeff M

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page