New Site Look and Feedback Thread - Page 10 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 10:41 AM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
I don't know but it says the last time I logged in was 31 Dec 1969, lol
Was that dial-up back then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 10:45 AM

No more Photobucket?!?!?! WOO HOO!!!!
nomad_archer likes this.
post #93 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
Here's what worked for me. Seems the default setting time was "London" and the DST correction is defaulted to OFF.

Goto Tools - CP User CP. Under Settings & Options choose Edit-Options. Scroll down to Date & Time Options and choose "GMT-5:00PM EST". Then click the box below and choose "DST corrections always on".
Thanks for helping out, seeing if we can adjust the default.

Jeff M

To Post Feedback on the new look please post here: https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/sho...93#post1790393
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2CDeer View Post
Going to have to get used to this new formatting. Also, before when I would click on a topic within the home page thread, I would be directed to the last post since I already viewed that thread. Now, when I click on a topic within the forum feed, I get directed to the beginning of the topic thread.
Same here, it's really annoying. Also, there is no way to tell if a forum has new posts or threads to it or not?

Eh...wot?
post #95 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 10:51 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Bates,

Thanks it worked.

Are you really old enough to remember when there were huntable numbers of deer on public land?
post #96 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 10:56 AM
The Man

It is harder to read the titles of the threads now because much of the title is cut off.

The "New Post" field could just be made wider.
post #97 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:07 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallair View Post
My goodness, listen to all the crying. Leaving the page because you don't like the new format. C'mon man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wash Co_Archer View Post
As with any other computer program, I understand that things need to be changed and updated to make them work fast and keep up with the ever evolving servers. There are always a few bugs to be worked out in the beginning, but I trust the HPA site developers will rectify any issues. I really don't see the need to bash something that it put here for our enjoyment, so that we can connect with other PA hunter's to share our experiences.

I don't mind the changes myself, I'm sure i won't even notice it in a few weeks. Most sites are put together at around a 5th grade comprehension level, so I have a hard time understanding how most grown men can't understand how to navigate this. It really isn't that much different to navigate than the previous version. They put a feedback post up for anyone who has a better Idea or question. We should probably use that instead of creating ten posts about how much we don't like the new format, or instead of bashing it here, maybe offer input that can be helpful. And those that say they're leaving, well... We'll just see about that ..
Upgrades should make a message board more user friendly, not harder to navigate. There are lots of great, very user friendly hunting sites out there where folks can go to enjoy sharing stories and info with like-minded hunters, trappers and fisherman. I can completely understand why folks would choose to spend their time there rather than at a site that is more difficult to navigate and not nearly as user friendly.

I sure hope they fix the PM issue. Also the issue with not being taken to the first unread post on a thread. I am not willing to scroll through a long thread while trying to figure out which posts I read and which ones I didn't. Also, when scrolling through the forums, there appears to be no notification about which ones have new topics or not.

While I applaud HPA's efforts to upgrade, perhaps they should have come to the members prior to the change and ask for our input? But then again, according to Wash Co_Archer, "Most sites are put together at around a 5th grade comprehension level, so I have a hard time understanding how most grown men can't understand how to navigate this."

Maybe they just thought we were too dumb?

Eh...wot?
post #98 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:10 AM
HPA Admin Approved Vendor

Sounds good!
Thanks
Griz
post #99 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Mine is working fine as far as showing new posts in forum titles. There's even a key at the bottom of the main page that shows what they look like with and without new posts.

When looking at the threads, click the little bookmark looking icon at the beginning of the thread title and it will take you right to the first unread post.

So far this system is loading way faster for me. Drag and drop is also a major upgrade to pic posting.
NA_Wreckdiver likes this.
post #100 of 394 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 11:31 AM

I am very reluctant to say this, but I am very closing to leaving this site for good. Everything was fine and smooth and then boom, whole new modern look, too bright, PM system too difficult, entering/posting in threads is a mess. Just wish this crap would never happen. Like I said, I really don't want to leave, but if this format stays like this, I don't think that I'll be the only one to call it quits.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis
NRA, UBP, NWTF MEMBER
WCO David Grove, LODD 11/11/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page