New forum suggestion - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

New forum suggestion

I think a new forum for these mentor youth arguments should be made. I don't know about you guys, I get tired of logging onto the general hunting forum and seeing the same old arguments and the same guys bringing this stuff up stirring the pot. Always having to have the last word and resorting to name calling and personal attacks when people don't agree with them. That's why I stay awAy from these message boards anymore. Personally I think this topic belongs in the youth mentor forum but if not how about a game law or game program forum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 12:20 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: New forum suggestion

Agreed. Mods should be moving them as soon as they are posted

Huntin Bucks and Crushin Ducks
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 12:29 AM

Since I was the one that made the post, I will comment. It was not made to stir the pot. I made it because it was an article that documented what was stated at the recent PGC BOC Working Group meeting and contained some facts of what they are seeing from the program. It contained "Mentored Youth" in the title so you could easily just not click on it.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

I could do that. You could also just as easily post it in the correct forum but it wouldn't get as many hits over there now would it? You could also just post the info and let the people state their peace without trying to correct them every time but that wouldn't make a good argument either would it? I stand by my first post. An appropriate forum for these would be nice so the rest of us dont have to deal with people who have to have the last word and the negativity that follows.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 08:08 AM

Well if you read the description of the youth forum description it is supposed to be designated more for the kids to post in. I thought General was the appropriate forum and mods can move it if they deem fit. The thread has had quite a civil discussion on both sides so I don't see the issue.

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

All i'll say, is you know darn well the crap storm and controversy these threads always start up and you are always right there in the thick of it. Why provoke people and keep the ball rolling with a new post when you know what the previous ones turned into? I just don't get it. I don't think there's a person on this site that doesn't know what side of the issue you are on.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

After reading the description of the youth forum, you are right, it doesn't belong there. However it does belong in either the outdoor issues or laws section though. I will respectfully and personally ask for myself and others who are fed up with these threads and the negativity that follows that you please post them in the correct forum from now on.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 12:11 PM

Well this is my last post as this isn't a discussion forum for this. My post contained new information about the program from the PGC. THe whole thread remained civil and there isn't anything wrong with a civil discussion on the issue. If you don't like the discussion then move on and don't click on it.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 02:08 AM
New Arrival

I agree with buck. Some people seem to find themselves smack dab in the middle of the bickering more than others, and i'm not pointing fingers. I don't comment much, but that doesn't mean that i don't have my opinions as well. I just choose not to engage in the back and forth bickering that some of these guys seem to thrive on. There are more important things in life. After reading the description of each forum, it seems to me that the outdoor issue forum would be better suited for the mentor youth information that was posted. The general forum should be for more light hearted hunting related topics that wont get people all riled up.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-24-2015, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

"General Hunting Forum (46 viewing)
This is the place to ask hunting questions."

"Outdoor Issues (4 viewing)
With more issues facing the outdoors person daily this is the place to discuss the legislation that effects the PA hunter."

This is my last post as well. As you can see, i have two things in quotations above. They are both direct quotes taken from the general hunting and outdoor issues tabs. Why your topic wasn't moved by moderation the moment it appeared is beyond me and one would think that someone like you, who has almost 7,000 posts and is on here everyday, would know which forum to place this topic in. I suspect it was placed in the general forum because you knew it wouldn't get as much attention in the outdoor issue forum. I will again respectfully ask on behalf of myself and others, that you please place this issue in the appropriate forum from now on. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page