Veterans Forum page? yes or no? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Veterans Forum page? yes or no?

Many of the other forums that I visit or belong to have a page specifically for Veterans of the Armed Forces.

Why Does HPA not have one?

This would be a place those who served to connect and discuss our service related experiences.

From my experiences on this site over the past dozen years it appears that there are more than enough Vets that are registered users.

I'm sure that an opening topic would only have to be titled "what branch and when did you serve"

SGT CARL J. MORGAIN KIA IRAQ 22 MAY 05
A CO 1/112 INF TF 2-7 US ARMY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 04:32 PM

Re: Veterans Forum page? yes or no?

Great idea, that would be nice...

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 05:35 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 05:46 PM

Although I applaud your idea my vote is negative. I think there are plenty of other resources for vets to look at and make connections through and even re-connect with other vets. This one for example is, for my money anyhow, a very good resource. I have found several other former Marines through it. http://www.togetherweserved.com/

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 06:47 PM

With all the other forums HPA hosts what difference would another make?
Sad how when there are posts made about Veterans day or something pertaining to those serving or who had served there may be 50 views and maybe 5 replies, yet post something about Sunday Hunting or the last letter game and they go on indefinitely.

Personally I would not use the forum, that's a part of my life I will not talk about with strangers, but if some would like a space here to share with other Vets let them.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 11:15 AM

Agree that the lack of responses, in favor or not in favor, on this idea is sad. I was expecting to see a lot of feedback.
As to your question about what difference would another forum make; I stand by my response.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-18-2015, 10:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Good idea, but seems new ideas for forums, don't come easy.

Matthew 22:37-40
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 01:12 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdad
Although I applaud your idea my vote is negative. I think there are plenty of other resources for vets to look at and make connections through and even re-connect with other vets. This one for example is, for my money anyhow, a very good resource. I have found several other former Marines through it. http://www.togetherweserved.com/
Myself, I hardly ever connect to other veterans through service related stuff, mainly through my other interests.

Theres a lot of PA specific stuff that could be discussed. For example apparently theres a bus that goes to the Chambersburg Mall from the VA so you don't have to travel as far to the VA clinic or hospital for some services.

I for one would vote yes.

If its a bandwidth/site space issue, why not start a thread somewhere else and see where it goes?

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-20-2015, 03:20 PM
The Man

The reason for a lack of forums (and I actually think we have quite a few) is that we have a modest moderation team. A pretty tight knit bunch, devoted to giving you guys the best experience online that we can. This is not a "day job" for any of us and having a smaller # of forums makes it easier to keep an eye on things.

The reason we don't have a lot of extraneous forums is because we've found that most can be generalized into a broader forum.

That said, if there was an overwhelming desire for such a forum, I'm sure the owner would be willing to accommodate. However, with only a handful of responses, and less than that in favor so far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

"I suppose it is the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 04:36 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

IMO no! I think there are to many forums on here already. It would be nice if all of them were just about hunting, fishing, and trapping IMO. Semper Fi

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page