Taxidermy school? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Taxidermy school?

This might get asked a lot on here so sorry I'm new to this. I have been wanting to get into taxidermy for years and I'm now in a position to do so. I just wanted to get some advice on how to go about it. There are a lot of schools out there with prices all over the board and length of school from a couple of weeks to one year. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thanks

My house is protected by the good Lord and a gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 12:53 AM
Banned

Re: Taxidermy school?

I went to Pennslyvania institute of taxidermy back in 2002, I know several that western pa school of taxidermy that liked it too, that being said if your not a pa taxidermy association member I would encourage you to become a member and you can talk first hand with guys who went all different routes at our annual show in March at seven springs!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 01:32 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I went to Pennsylvania Institute of Taxidermy as well. I choose to go there just because of the business part alone. If you want to make money at it Dan's class is well worth it. Derrik and Andy are the teachers and both are very good at what they do. As Joe said become a member of the PTA its well worth it. I have not met a single person in this industry that won't help you out. If you have questions about the school feel free to ask.

LCPL Ralph Fabbri 9/29/89-9/28/10 KIA fighting for our freedom.

Fabbri Taxidermy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Part of the Community

Western PA Institute of Taxidermy. Didn't go there, but know the owner, Marc Jordan, real well. He's a great teacher and I guarantee you will not be sorry if you choose to go there. His number is 814-938-6508.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2013, 03:32 PM

What ever you do, do not go to Redneck in Susquehanna county. If his work is any indication of what he teaches, I would not recommend them if they are still around.

My buddy took two big bucks there and they looked like they were mounted on a doe body. He had to get them redone and I know he spent big money to get that done.

Life Member NRA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page