Help please! Dried candle wax on fox mount
I don't want to get into the whole who and why a member of my family wouldn't tell me about the mishap. I'm guessing a jar candle, with a lot of melted wax in it, got knocked over and cleaned up, but the guilty party didn't know it got on the fox...
I discovered lots of dried white candle wax all over the chest and front legs area of my life-size red fox mount. It looks like it was "splashed" on the fox, with scattered clumps of wax matted in the fur.
Can I clean it myself (and how), or should I seek professional help from my taxidermist?
Thank you in advance for your guidance!