Coyote Mount Needed - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
loc
New Arrival

Coyote Mount Needed

I shot a Yote and wanted to get a head/shoulder mount. Either a Pedistol or a wall mount with a driftwood frame around it. I live in Pittsburgh who is good or who can I get the best price from? I have a camp in Tionesta so I can drop it on the way up there as well. IF any taxi guys want to shot me an email tmpgh at comcast dot net. Thanks Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 12:44 PM

Re: Coyote Mount Needed

You can "get the best price" from an unlicensed hack working out of his basement or on his kitchen table looking for nothing more than some beer money.
If you want someone who is "good" research some taxidermist's websites and visit their studios to see the quality of work they do. http://www.pataxidermy.com is a good place to start.
"Good" and "the best price" rarely go together. Keep that in mind so next year we don't have to read your horror story like so many before you.
Good luck.
Paul
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 11:32 PM Thread Starter
loc
New Arrival

"Good" and "the best price" rarely go together. Keep that in mind so next year we don't have to read your horror story like so many before you.
Good luck [/quote]

Wow got blasted because I'm like anyone else that works for a living these days. Wanting a fair price for quality work.

Sorry was just looking for a local person that I could take this to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 02:06 AM
Part of the Community

I think you are mistaking Paul's advice as being "blasted". You can read this very forum, and within the first 10 pages are a handful of posts about sportsman like yourself, not happy with a mount, left a deer with a guy that can't afford to pick his tanned capes up, left a trophy gobbler with a guy that won't return phone calls, a buck of a lifetime that looked like a 5 year old mounted it, and needed to have it re-mounted with a replacement cape, it goes on and on. Paul is simply trying to give you sound advice. Do your homework, ask questions, visit multiple taxidermists. "I'm like everyone else, working for a living"...that includes taxidermists as well.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 10:50 PM

paul says

You can "get the best price" from an unlicensed hack working out of his basement or on his kitchen table looking for nothing more than some beer money.
If you want someone who is "good" research some taxidermist's websites and visit their studios to see the quality of work they do. http://www.pataxidermy.com is a good place to start.

wow im sorry but its gettn old. do you think there may be "good txidermists" that dont ssubscibe to the whole idea of a list that supposedly has all the best taxidermists. if your gonna give good advise then give it. just tell folks to visit a taxis shop. being on a list does not make you a "good taxi" or esp an dependable person!

He never said it would be easy;
He only said it would be worth it!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 11:51 AM

I have a horror story on here. Shot a nice 10 pt in 2008 FINALLY picked it up in 2010! When I did finally get it, it looked like garbage. Dave Dillon at Acme Taxidermy (who actually found me on this site) re-mounted it and it looks fantastic. I did some research into taxidermist at the time but I certainly didn't do enough. I shopped for a service that offered very reasonable prices and decent work. What I got was fairly resaonable prices, a long long wait, and awful work.

List or no list, do your homework. My suggestion is always Acme but you may find a better place somewhere in your own back yard.

...but those that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. -Isaiah 40:31
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny z
paul says

wow im sorry but its gettn old. do you think there may be "good txidermists" that dont ssubscibe to the whole idea of a list that supposedly has all the best taxidermists. if your gonna give good advise then give it. just tell folks to visit a taxis shop. being on a list does not make you a "good taxi" or esp an dependable person!
Johnny....if you're going to quote me at least interpret those quotes correctly. I said "www.pataxidermy.com is a good place to start". I never said it was the "best" or "only place" to find a good taxidermist and never even implied it. I said it was a good place to start looking. My advice was to visit studios and judge the work personally---which is exactly what you said so.......why the shot?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
Banned

Paul, I was thinking the same thing, but I was waiting for you to respond , some people just do not get it
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

i posted this in anther post about a week or two ago and some guys bashed it but heres a guy with good prices. i think he has a yote on display but cant remember. ive seen his deer and there nice and i have had some ducks and a black squirrel done and there nice maybe not the best but the guys are right you get what you pay for. well here it is $310 with a cork base. thats full body, nature bases are extra or bring your own and its an extra $50 for open mouths. Lifelike Taxidermy in franklin pa. 814 432 4142 im not sure what his head mounts our for a yote but im sure its a lil cheaper.

"some might call that sky bustin, i call it optimisam"
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-21-2011, 08:46 AM

sorry it just seems that some folks beleive that pataxidermy.com is your 1 stop shop. i beleive that there are some great taxidermist there, no doubt, but i also beleive there are hacks there as well. (who may be working for beer money) sorry i didnt intend to sound like a shot!

He never said it would be easy;
He only said it would be worth it!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page