philosophy - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

philosophy

Whats your guys philosophy on getting a buck mounted?

Mine is my first archery buck and every buck thats bigger than the previous, and if its shot in rifle it sure has to be a real big boy.

In reality if i could i would have everyone mounted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Re: philosophy

get them all done til you run out of wall space, then move down to euro's to fill in the gaps.....after that, build a bigger man cave!

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Mount each one thats bigger then the last you got mounted. Thats my philosophy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:25 PM

I like the bigger theory... I have also used first 10. My 8 from last year was a more impressive rack, but still first time cracking double digits is a good reason.

Fun hunts/memory filled hunt are a good reason as well as odd racks are sometimes pretty cool.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 171farm
Mount each one thats bigger then the last you got mounted. Thats my philosophy.

Shootin' Deers and Drinkin' Beers... That's How I Roll...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:42 PM
The Man

I'e got several "smaller" deer mounted. they are bucks that hold a special meaning to me. the heavy horned 9 point that I matched wits with in 2006 is a fine example. I felt that old buck deserved a place on my wall.

I really considered this years 8 point, again a smaller buck. However probably my most meaningful buck to date. It was a long season and this guy made it a great season in the last 10 minutes!! I chose to do a euro of him.

Its all in what ya want and how much $$ you want to spend!! I wish I could get every one done, because each one is a reminder of a wonderful day!!

Instagram : @The_Trailcamologist_
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 02:58 PM

only one ive done thus far was my first bow kill...it was a no-brainer...basket rack 1.5yo...but i'll never kill my first with the bow again....wish dad had my first buck done...but dad isnt into stuff like that really...he had a mount done and had a box full of racks from when he hunted hard...we moved and he gave em all away...id LOVE to have that mount back just for my own memories..dad is still here..but you know what i mean...

my first flintlock buck will get mounted reguardless of size...hopefully i goto Ohio next season and i can drop a nice one with the ole rock lock! that would be awesome! i havent had a shot at a buck in PA with it yet...

my bow kill this year pretty much dwarfs my 1st...90" 6pt (no brows..) i didnt get it mounted...kinda thought about it...if it had brows i may have...still a pretty rack without them..but the euro looks great on my wall...

to get another done it'll have meaning or be a bit bigger than the 6pt from this year...id say when i break 100" it'll get mounted reguardless of weapon...we'll see...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

I feel bad now cuz i got a buck last yr on the last day of flintlock but it was only a half rack 4 point. hmm maybe i shoulda got it done

also next time i kill a real nice half rack i might get it done as well , honestly how many times have u ever seen a half rack mounted?

and my kids some day will have their first deer mounted, regardless buck or doe.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page