new to taxidermy license - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

new to taxidermy license

i have recieved my license. is there any records that have to be kept on the work that you do?i can't find anything thing on it.also have a friend that has a deer that was killed around 5 yrs ago in maryland and has been in his freezer since then.the buck was checked in but he can't find his tag.this is a legit buck but just don't want to get myself in trouble with doing a european mount on this thing so what should i do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Part of the Community

Re: new to taxidermy license

Here's a link to the Dept of AG's Taxidermy user guide, Taxidermy user guide

These are the record keeping requirments according to the guide

RECORD KEEPING REQUIREMENTS
A Licensed Taxidermist must maintain an accurate record of all transactions according to the instructions provided:
(1)The name, address and telephone number of the person from whom the specimen was received.
(2)Specimen information species & sex
(3)Location of legally or accidentally killed specimen including state, county, & township or nearest town
(4)Date of kill or date accidentally killed specimen was acquired.
(5)Any C.I.T.E.S., Official PGC Commission receipt, or other Special Permit numbers.
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture recommends that these records be maintained for a period of five years.
These records must be made available to the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for inspection upon request by the Bureau of Animal Health and Diagnostic Services. Under official investigation, records must also be made available to Pennsylvania Game Commission and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
Under Federal Regulations CFR 50 Section 13.46, records must be maintained for a period of five years. Such records shall be legibly written or reproducible in English and shall be maintained for five years from the date of expiration of the permit.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Re: new to taxidermy license

thanx alot!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page