Haven't gotten mount back yet???? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Haven't gotten mount back yet????

Shot a nice buck last year in archery season and i havent gotten it back yet. Anyone else not get their mount back yet? I didnt think they took that long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Part of the Community

Re: Haven't gotten mount back yet????

how long does it say on your contract, how busy is your taxidermist, is he full time or part time??? alot of factors in play
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Over a year is just ridiculous no matter how you look at, but if you have the contract it should tell you when to expect it.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">In memory of WCO David L. Grove
End of Watch - November 11, 2010</span></span>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Part of the Community

over a year is not rediculous, if your taxidermist is that busy then it will take that long as long as it is in his contract about the time frame, had a time frame of 12-16 months a few years ago due to the number of customers, so i raised my prices again (i`m not cheap) and guess what i got even more work, my return time was out over 1 1/2 years due to THAT MUCH WORK........it is like that with a lot of taxidermist
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:45 AM

Im still waiting for one the guy i took it to does good work and its worth the wait,dont worry you will get it back and it will hang around for a life time.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

I've had a few done by a guy in Robinson Township. 9 to 10 months depending how busy he was. Seems reasonable to me. Many factors play into it as some above have stated.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 07:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have a buck at the taxidermist from last year, and this is way longer than normal for him. The buck I got this year went to a different taxidermist. Keep in contact with him. Don't let him put off your deer . . . sometimes the customers that call often get done quicker so they don't have to keep answering that phone . . . . the bad side is if you rush a taxidermist you will not be pleased.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people asking questions.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Guy
I have a buck at the taxidermist from last year, and this is way longer than normal for him. The buck I got this year went to a different taxidermist. Keep in contact with him. Don't let him put off your deer . . . sometimes the customers that call often get done quicker so they don't have to keep answering that phone . . . . the bad side is if you rush a taxidermist you will not be pleased.
thats not the way it goes in my shop, if you call and keep calling if your contract time isn`t up, i will tell you to come pick it up and go elsewhere,and I tell them your not the only customer i have...
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

One problem I get with the ones who call alot is that when I do actually get it done, some of them take forever to come pick it up!

If you still don't have last year's deer back and were told 8-10 months, just give the taxidermist a call or better yet drop on by at a reasonable time. They could be backed up with work, or there may have been a family crisis such as hospitalization/surgery, a death in the family leading to depression, a divorce, or so on.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrapperwoman
One problem I get with the ones who call alot is that when I do actually get it done, some of them take forever to come pick it up!

If you still don't have last year's deer back and were told 8-10 months, just give the taxidermist a call or better yet drop on by at a reasonable time. They could be backed up with work, or there may have been a family crisis such as hospitalization/surgery, a death in the family leading to depression, a divorce, or so on.
exactly, right, many factors can contribute to not getting it back yet.....and i also had the problem of the guys calling and calling and then you say ok come and get it, well then its a different story, oh i don`t have the money right now, things are tough, thats when i decided to go with my plan of you call me and bug me, you come and get it i`m not interested in doing it anymore....to many times they are hanging around for months after you let them know its ready....the certified letter is my best friend

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page