The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Fiber Optic Sight on PA long Rifle

5K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Andy1 
#1 ·
Stupid Question here I have a Traditions PA

http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=R2090

I love shooting the gun and would like to take it into the woods for Deer ... It would be nice to see my sights a little better ... I have seen the Optic Sights you can screw into the barrel ... Is it possible to use this on my gun ... Would I just have the barrel tapped to mount the sight ... Would this work???

Just looking for ways to make the gun more Hunter Freindly

See less See more
#6 ·
There are dovtails for the sites you have right? If so, as stated above, you can get fo's that use the dovetails to mount no drilling etc. Mine are from RMC. I have mounted these on a TC, (2)Lyman and replaced the junk (4) Traditions on thier cheaper guns. They worked great.

#8 ·
The RMC sights were pretty good but I think RMC is gone now isn't it? Thought I heard they auctioned the place off a few weeks ago. I did look at their webpage a week or so ago and it was still up. What's the current lowdown on RMC?

TC makes pretty good sight and it has click screw adjustments but the RMC is much harder to adjust but once set it's a good solid sight. I don't know if it would fit Traditions or not. Some front sights look like they are screwed in but the screw goes into a plate that is inserted into the 3/8" dovetail; it doesn't actually go into the barrel itself. The rear sights can go either way.

#9 ·
frontier gander said:
traditions sights (plastic) SUCK. I cant even tell you how many times they have fallen off my rifle due to the plastic being flimsy.

Go to cabelas and look up the williams fire sights.

I installed the FO sights on my Cabela's Hawken (old eyes need all the help you can get)
The FO piece on the front fell off, when I ordered the replacement they said to take a soldering iron to the ends, this will keep them in place.

#10 ·
Mossie- RMC products are available at Cox's Gun Shop north side Rt. 45 in Millheim, Pa. Cox bought the RMC retail and online businesses. I stopped in last week to pick up some Ox Yoke patches. Powder prices high- Goex $25.99/lb. and Swiss $38.99. Also carries Blackhorn. I didn't ask him about the future availability of RMC flinters though.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.