The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Peep sight question

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  richdeerht 
#1 ·
Getting the barrel for my GPR back this week after a bluing job. Planning to put a peep sight on it to sharpen my accuracy a bit. It looks like Lyman is the only one that makes the actual peep sight, so that’s a no brained, but I’m wondering what to use for a front sight. The literature with the peep says a plain blade may be used, or a hooded sight for more accuracy. Does anyone have any insight/input on that?

Thanks!

#8 ·
Lyman's white bead front sight. I have put that on a couple muzzleloaders now and have put a dab of hi-viz green paint on the sight to help it stand out. I like it a lot. I have also used the Williams Fire Sight front, but I like the hi-viz green on the white bead better.

#9 ·
I'm using Williams peep sights on several rifles with a Williams fiber optic front sight. To mount the peep sight on the rear of the barrel requires drilling and tapping the barrel, a gunsmith job.

I also have put the peep sight on the barrel in the same location as the original rear sight. I removed the peep insert, and have a mid-barrel "ghost ring". I use this with a fiber optic front sight. You'd be surprised how well this works.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.