Boo Bass pro - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
atr
Banned

Boo Bass pro

I mentioned in another post that I ordered a buck fixed blade woodsman knife with a laminated wood handle. Well I got it today and the blade is scratched up on both sides now i'm not that picky a little blemish or something I would still keep it but this thing was bad. Of course i'm sending it back. I'm not saying it couldn't happen with cabelas but I've ordered alot of stuff from cabelas and have had good luck and shipping is faster.
They put the knife box in a large box with no packing material now that didn't scratch the blade but thats not the proper way to pack. Now tomorrow is my birthday and no knife
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Boo Bass pro

I have not ordered from Bass Pro in years---------There are many good mail order companies out there,including Cabelas.
JMHO
Happy Birthday
Dave

ONLY THE DUMBEST SHEEP ELECT THEIR BUTCHERS

3D in PA
7R in NY
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
atr
Banned

Thank you Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 02:07 PM

i have never had any issues with BPS> Their shipping is fast and i usually get whatever i order in 3 days.

If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy JM
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 02:22 PM

I'm guessing the knife came into BP that way and was shipped without anyone there taking it out and actually looking at it? It probably came right from the factory that way? A friend just bought a VERY expensive bowsight that came in sealed in the factory packaging. When he opened it there were flaws in the sight ring that looked like they tried to cover them up using a black marker. The front of the ring was dinged up and had shiny spots where the anodizing was not even there. It was either dropped on the floor or assembled with a ball peen hammer? The dealer called the distibutor and they replaced it with another sight but the guy had to wait another few days. When you pay good money for a quality product you expect more than this from the company building it.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to wv windy ridge

I deal with BPS on a near weekly basis. I like the service I get when there, I have had no problems with any purchase ever made there. The few issues that I had were rectified when brought to their attention. No complaints about them here. I also shop Cabela's when I have the opportunity to. I buy from them online with no troubles either. Their customer service is great as well. Last year I had a game camera stolen. I called their customer service and they tracked down the model so I was able to get another of the same. Extremly helpful I thought they were. Only complaint I have about the big boxes....is that they have driven alot of smaller ones out of business, though that is the nature of the business.

Harvesting imature game removes future trophies. Patience is rewarded.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 05:08 AM

BPS did me wrong a few yrs ago.

I've not done business with them since.

Another day in paradise. God hunts on Sundays.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

I like to deal with BPS. Have always received good service. Another plus is that they are not nearly as crowded and inpersonel as Cabelas. I would guess that you could get bad service from either co.

REMOVE ALL OF THE WARNING LABELS-LET STUPIDITY SORT ITSELF OUT
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Frequent Contributor

I would say there is a 99.999999999% chance that came to Bass pro that way. now wholesaler or retailer looks at every single item that comes in. They rely on the manufacturer to do the final inspections and those are still not done on every item. What exactly did Bass pro do that warranted you talking ill of them on here? Seems like from what you said they are going to exchange it.

the true test of a company is not if there are problem, because there will be at some point. the true test is how they handle those problems.

"The only senseless killing, would be the killing of me"
-Matthew Zerby
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:30 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

BPS did me wrong also.I will never step foot in another one or give them a dime.JMHO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page