Need new ladder stand in 20' range what brands? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Need new ladder stand in 20' range what brands?

Looking to buy a new 20' or so ladder stand. What brand is best and why? Thanks, Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need new ladder stand in 20' range what brands?

I bought (2) Loggy Bayou 20' to the seat ladder stands 2 years ago. To be honest, a little too tall for me b/c they start to feel a little shaky so I took a section out of each one and keep them in the 17' to 18' range. However, I like everything else about them including the seat that will fold up against the tree to give you extra room when standing or taking a shot. Just my opinion.

Most people are a lap down in life!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Re: Need new ladder stand in 20' range what brands?

Recent years I have gone to hang on stands with climbing sticks . Although the sticks are 16 feet instead of twenty deer have not detected me when the stands are placed above understory . Sticks are snug to the tree and very secure with ratchet straps , as is the stand. Some hang on stands have no steps and are accessed by my Lone Wolf steps that are carried to the base of the tree .Easy to set up and keeps thieves from stealing stands that are otherwise tough to get at .

Enjoy each day afield as if it were your last.....take the time to take it all in !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page