Bog Pod Deathgrip tripod ? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 10:34 AM Thread Starter

Bog Pod Deathgrip tripod ?

does anyone have a bog pod deathgrip tripod that can tell me if they are good, bad, or just plain useless ?

i recently had the chance to use a tripod during a coyote hunt (thanks again Limbhnger10) and tripods are a game changer.

i have the info i need to purchase some really nice but expensive tripods. for now i am trying to justify those prices but they do lock up solid and its like shooting off a bench, actually saw the coyote drop in the scope, the scope never mnoved.

back to the Bog pod. i looked at one at F&S (will not buy there) the legs are solid and adjust nice. they even clamped a gun it for me. but the gun mount still moved up and down and left & right after being "locked" down, it was easy to move and it shouldnt be.

i called Bog Products and they said it had to be an older model with bad pins. i should tell F&S to send it back. i should also ask for any 2019 or newer production model. it wont have that problem. i would hate to order one and find out that it has the same problem and have to send it back.

SO...any hands experiences with this product ?
limbhnger10 likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage

Never had a Bod Pod but bought 2 Primos Gen 3 Trigger Sticks this past year & love them!! Got the Mono for inside blind/treestand and tripod for still hunting etc o/s blind. Rock solid quality. Shot my PA elk off the tripod. Quite a few other hunters also had the Primos.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 08:42 AM

Let us know what happens, I could be interested in getting one myself. Not as young as I used to be.

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 08:54 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My cousin had one of these for his daughter to use for deer hunting. A few of us shot our rifles using the bog pod to ensure we were ready for rifle season this past fall - I thought it was well-built and provided a solid rest for the shooter. The clamp is pretty nice.

I have a pair of Primos trigger sticks (mono) for various uses, and I like them a lot. My 8-year-old MY son uses one when we squirrel and rabbit hunt. He's not quite strong enough to hold up the Mossberg Youth Model 20ga on his own. Also, we use the trigger sticks when turkey hunting in the blind.....they allow you have your gun up and in the ready position for long periods of time if the shot does not present itself right away, as well as providing a solid rest.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

good info guys..Thanks. after a lot of thought and actually seeing and testing the one at Field and Stream (i wont buy there) i decided to go with this one:

BT Precision Bowl Top Tripod Bundle

it cost a lot more but i got a 20% discount, everything was still on sale from the shot show. its built for hunting and has a low center. not as high as a ball head but suppose to have the amount of movement needed to hunt. cant wait to get it and play with it.
limbhnger10 likes this.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 08:09 PM

Holy cow, you could of bought 5 bog pods or similar product for what that cost .
bohunr likes this.

Life Member NRA
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

yep...but i saw a video from the shot show, they guy was doing pull ups from under it just to show how strong it is

it should give me all the movement i need with out the height of a ball head which should make the gun even sturdier. i will know next week, it was shipped today. heres the video, skip ahead to the 1:20 mark to watch him do pull ups from under the tri pod.

flintlock hunter likes this.

Last edited by bohunr; 01-31-2020 at 08:36 PM.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 10:35 PM

We'll be waiting for the real report from one of our own. Thanks Bohunr!
bohunr likes this.

Remember.... they're full time deer......we're part time hunters!
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-31-2020, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

I'll shoot from it, but i aint gonna be doing no pull ups ...lol

he said he weighs about 175 and i go 233. it used to be 248 but i've been going to planet fitness and doing an hour on the elliptical and another hour on the treadmill and then maybe back to the elliptical until i burn 2,000 calories.
joe8768 likes this.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 12:53 PM

I also go to planet fatness 2 to 4 times a week if I am home in the city but my weight is going the other way. I think I need to give up beer and pizza,
bohunr likes this.

Life Member NRA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page